Excellent Pay and Benefits:
- Great career-pathing
- Health insurance with premium contributions
- Dental, vision, HSA
- 100% company paid life insurance and long-term disability
- 401k – with employer match
- Paid time off to include- vacation, sick pay, wellness time off, and 10 holidays
- Company bonuses
- Awesome wellness program
- And many more….
Under the guidance of the Director of Corporate Maintenance, lead and execute the company-wide production control systems strategy for LiDestri Food & Drink production sites. This includes the development of corporate engineering standards, guidelines, and best practices for controls hardware, software, programming, documentation, and process design. Ensure all projects, including new installations, retrofits, and expansions, are designed within these standards and guidelines. Provide training, guidance, and technical support for corporate and plant engineering and maintenance staffs so they can effectively plan and execute controls projects, and effectively resolve controls and system problems to minimize downtime. Develops and executes an upgrade and essential replacement plan for production networks, PLC control systems, recipe editors, Factory Talk SE applications, etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with cross-functional engineering and maintenance resources to define and develop the overall control systems strategy for LiDestri Food & Drink.
- In alignment with this strategy, develops and documents standards and guidelines for control hardware, software, process design, programming, and documentation and revision controls of both software and controls hardware.
- Works collaboratively with engineering and maintenance staffs to ensure all projects (new installations, retrofits, essential replacements, and expansions) are designed and executed within these standards and guidelines.
- Works to ensure controls systems and projects across multiple plants and production lines are consistent and standardized to the greatest extent practical.
- Executes complex projects for controls engineering as assigned to meet engineering and operational needs.
- Develops and executes a review and approval procedure for control systems and programming projects.
- Provides training, guidance, and technical support for corporate, plant engineering, and maintenance staffs so they can effectively plan and execute controls projects, and effectively resolve controls and system problems to minimize downtime.
- Creates and maintains a central, controlled repository and revision control of all documentation relating to control systems hardware, software, training materials, and other related literature.
- Creates and maintains risk assessments for corporate and plant controls systems elements to guide in decision making.
- Creates and maintains a multi-year strategic and tactical plan for control systems installations, upgrades and replacements to guide strategic and capital planning to minimize risk of system failure, obsolescence, and downtime.
- Works with plant and engineering resources to develop an effective escalation strategy for controls system failures to minimize downtime.
- Performs complex troubleshooting and repair activities as part of this escalation strategy.
- Creates and maintains production system servers, and production related networking applications.
- Works closely with the IT group to ensure uninterrupted communication between the Production Network and the Plant networks
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree in Controls, Computer, or Electrical Engineering or closely related field of study; MS preferred.
- 10 years’ experience as a Controls Engineer, industrial programmer, or similar journeyman or professional position in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience in managing others performing those job functions, especially in matrix or dotted-line relationships.
- Proven success in developing and executing controls systems strategies across multiple lines or plants to improve standardization and consistency.
- Personal, hands-on experience conducting and managing complex cross-functional controls engineering projects including internal staff and outside contractors.
- Deep knowledge and experience in interpreting and applying proper electrical codes and safety standards including NEC and NFPA standards and OSHA requirements for industrial controls
- Demonstrated capability to concisely describe complex systems, problems, and proposed solutions to all levels of the organization
- Strong team and interpersonal skills with proven ability to lead and influence others to make positive change. Ability to work with, assist, and influence and direct the site controls technician resources as necessary
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Must have significant experience in the Rockwell platforms of hardware and software based technologies.
- Experienced in a batch process environment
- Deep understanding of data base software and the relation between IT and the PLC networks and applications.
- The temperature in work areas varies.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch, climb stairs and ladders.
- Occasionally lifting and carrying items <50lbs and carrying objects <10lbs.
- Pushing and pulling objects <30lbs.
- Use of finger dexterity to handle or feel objects and tools, reaching and grasping.
- Regularly works with moving parts, vibration and electrical current.
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practice (hair net, no jewelry, no fake nails or eyelashes, no food/drink, gum, etc. in manufacturing Plant).
Our Employee Value Proposition
“Our purpose and our promise, nourish at every touch point, starts with our employees. We are committed to providing a safe and respectful work environment, meaningful careers, awesome benefits, a world class wellness program, and leadership coaching – all which inspire our LiDestri “family”, a 1,400+ dedicated workforce, to show up and work collaboratively every day. Nourish doesn’t end with our employees. LiDestri’s value-driven culture unites us all to strengthen and grow the business so together we can nourish the communities in which we live.”
DISCLAIMER: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.