Job no: 496198
SUNY Budget Title: Student Activities Assistant
Work type: Part time
Location: Brockport, NY
Categories: Management & Professional, Athletics
The Athletics Department at SUNY Brockport is comprised of 23 sports and is accepting applications to establish a pool of candidates to fill possible openings for the part-time position of Bus Driver.
- Safe operation of a passenger bus used in transporting passengers to various locations.
- Safety of students-athletes and staff while in transit to and from designated locations for the purpose of team competitions and or shuttles.
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle safety inspections.
- Assist in the loading and unloading process.
- Clean interior and exterior of vehicle(s) post-trip.
- Fuel vehicle(s).
- Report maintenance needs.
- Working knowledge of the Vehicle and Traffic Law as it applies to the safe and legal operation of vehicles operated.
- Ability to physically operate assigned vehicles safely and effectively under various road conditions.
- Ability to plan routes to specific locations and to properly estimate time required to reach the locations.
- Ability to communicate orally for the purpose of exchanging information.
- Ability to clean bus interior and exterior.
- Availability for weekdays, some weekends, evenings, and occasional overnights on an as needed basis.
- Possess a valid NYS CDL Class B Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement, provide copy
- Possess a valid NYS Driver’s License appropriate to all vehicle(s) operated, provide copy
- Possess a current Department of Transportation (DOT) physical card, provide copy
- Minimum 3 years’ experience driving passenger buses
- Pre-employment drug screening and random drug testing after hire
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
As needed basis
Salary and Benefits:
$22.00 May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Submit your application, cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references (one being a current supervisor) at jobs.hr.brockport.edu.
Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.