Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 CICU CardiacICU Nursing/SMH
7 AM-3:30 PM
Serves as principal assistant to a Senior University Executive, Dean, or a Director, providing office supervision and coordinating support service; manages the general office and related administrative services of a large academic department; manages specialized support functions in a University service department, a college or large project; performs related duties.
As Personal Assistant:
- With general guidance as to priorities, manages the time and calendar of a Dean or University Executive, choosing or recommending among competing demands on time, referring matters to be handled by others, controlling access to Dean or Executive.
- Represents the executive in contacts with University officers, faculty, leaders of student groups, alumni, trustees, the press, government officials, relaying (and frequently anticipating) the executive's instructions, preferences and concerns, and obtaining reports or recommendations. Assures that University officials and others concerned are informed of decisions.
- Anticipates the needs from and obtains background material for decisions and conferences. Compiles, edits, checks for accuracy material for reports, correspondence, publications and speeches. Prepares and signs routine correspondence; composes correspondence on policy or other substantive matters.
- Coordinates the clerical and other support services of the executive office, typically supervising 2 or more assistants.
As Office Manager:
- Under general direction as to policies and regulations, manages the clerical records and other support services in a central office of a college, a large academic department, or a comparable division.
- Represents the college or department in requisitioning and arranging for administrative and other service, including support staff, space, equipment and supplies. Approves payrolls and invoices. Serves on committees concerned with administrative reports. Edits and publishes course and program notices, departmental regulations, announcements of symposia and minutes of department meetings.
- Prepares and signs routine correspondence to students and others relating to departmental programs.
- Counsels students and staff with respect to University college and department rules and services, making referrals as indicated and rendering decisions or approvals with established policy. Assists in orienting new faculty and visitors, providing guidance or suggestions on personal accommodations, visas, etc.
- Supervises an office staff of 5 or more often supplemented with part-time and student assistants. Recommends appointment and other personnel actions. May plan and direct the work of volunteers.
- As Specialized Administrative Aid Managing One Or Several Administrative, Service, Research Or Other Activities Within A Large Department Or Project
- Under general direction as to policies and priorities, manages a particular administrative function for a University services or academic department, or for a large research or health program.
- Schedules use of college's or department's facilities, sees to maintenance and equipment, preservation of order, and compliance with safety and other University and department regulations.
- Serves as financial or property manager: directs the preparation of departmental financial and workload statements and accounts; estimates and controls expenditures for supplies and auxiliary services; records and may approve changes to department or sponsored project accounts. Coordinates with Accounting Office and sponsoring agencies.
- Manages a segment of a research program (e.g. training and supervising clerical or nonprofessional field workers in a survey); compiles data, prepares administrative and statistical reports' requisitions and coordinates University services ( e.g. Data processing, Purchasing).
- Plans and makes all administrative arrangements for meetings and special events, including meeting facilities and equipment, travel, living quarters and meals for large groups; assists in the preparation of program literature; coordinates with service departments of the University.
- Manages reservations and ticket sales, cash receipts, related accounts and tax records.
- Typically supervises 2 or more clerical or 1 specially trained assistant or may use clerical services of a central administrative unit.
College graduation or an equivalent combination of experience and training. 1 year of relevant administrative experience
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion to advance the University’s mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create – and Make the World Ever Better. In support of our values and those of our society, the University is committed to not discriminating on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to the administration of our policies, admissions, employment, access, and recruitment of candidates from underrepresented populations, veterans, and persons with disabilities consistent with these values and government contractor Affirmative Action obligations.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled