Full Time 40 hours Grade 026 Support Operations-Fac & Svcs
TUE-SAT 2:30PM-11:00 PM; POSS WKNDS/HOLS
Routinely performs a variety of groundskeeping duties including operations of powered equipment vehicles and tools. Assists in maintenance and upkeep of equipment and tools.
SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION EXERCISED:
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
A variety of hand, power tools and motorized equipment and vehicles.
- Plants, removes, aerates, fertilizes, mows and cares for lawns and athletic fields as required. Clips hedges and assists in the care of trees and shrubs with direction.
- Repairs walks, on-property roadways and parking areas. Applies sealers, tack coats and striping paint.
- Performs all necessary clean up work including sweeping of walkways, parking lots, roadways, athletic fields, stadium and grounds, including removal of brush, leaves, trash and unplugging and cleaning drains as required.
- Sets snow fences, plows snow, shovels and salts sidewalks, parking lots, roadways, etc.
- Maintains athletic fields and facilities both inside and outside, including marking of playing fields and setting up of bleachers, goal posts etc.
- Keeps records and makes reports of daily work.
- Complies with safety regulations of the University and of local, state and federal agencies, as well as departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and insures that tools and equipment are kept in good working order.
- Performs other duties requiring comparable skill and responsibility as directed.
Requires ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and to communicate fluently with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires a valid New York State Class 5 motor vehicle operators license and physical ability and stamina suited to heavy and sustained manual labor and continuous exposure to local weather conditions
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
INTERNATIONAL UNION OF OPERATING ENGINEERS: How to bid for Transfer/Promotion: Employees represented by IUOE must electronically bid in HRMS within the five-day posting period each time they wish to be considered for a job opportunity. On-time qualified bidders for IUOE positions must be considered prior to any other candidates.