With more than 2,200 employees and 13 manufacturing facilities worldwide, Gleason Corporation is a leader in gear technology. Gleason's product and service offerings include gear and transmission design software, gear manufacturing machines and related accessories, gear metrology equipment and automation systems. Gleason products are used by customers in e-mobility, commercial vehicles, aerospace, agriculture, mining, sustainable energy, construction, power tools, marine and many other industries
Working for Gleason, you will be connected to work that matters, putting your expertise to its best use while developing skills for the future. The result is a career defined by you, supported by Gleason and built on tangible accomplishments. As we continue to grow and evolve, we are looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you are interested in being part of our team, there are a few things you should know: We are energized by challenges and the effort needed to solve them. We like working with people who are positive, adaptable and growth-minded. We care how work gets accomplished and are deeply invested in the success of our customers and colleagues. If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on and learn more.
Why work at Gleason?
- Excellent benefits package including a 6% Company 401(k) match
- Flexible scheduling options available in some departments
- NYS Certified Apprenticeship Program
- Shift premiums for 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Formal and informal development opportunities.
The Supervisor is responsible for multiple employee’s safety, quality, productivity oversight & coordination. Job Responsibilities:
- Emphasize safety to all shop floor personnel & apply proactive measures to provide a safe working environment
- Assure all machines are properly maintained & deters theft of company property
- Assure all product produced during the shift meets customer specification.
- Monitor daily quality metrics. Identify root cause problems, discus corrective/preventative actions with dept supervision & implements solution(s) as directed.
- Confirm daily work schedule w/ previous shift Lead and/or Supervisor.
- Prioritize work schedules & priorities based on production plants & resource availability.
- Stage work for each work center to ensure we are working to our Universal Job List (UJL / SAP dispatch list)
- Monitor daily productivity metrics. Identify root cause problems, discuss corrective/preventative actions with dept supervision & implement solution(s) as directed.
- Participate in daily ‘handoff’ to incoming Lead(s) and/or Supervisor(s)
- Maintain & review appropriate attendance and performance records on all employees.
- Take preventative & corrective action to control below expectation performance with dept supervision.
- Provide input to Supervisor on employee reviews & training progress.
- Lead and support initiatives that focus on the implementation of continuous improvement / lean manufacturing principles
- Interact with employees from all areas of the Company, the responsibility will range from employee issues, expediting, scheduling, quality, maintenance, staffing requirements, shift adjustments, etc.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
The person in this role carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. This role will be supervising 20-30 employees.
- Proven Leadership and Continuous Improvement skills & training
- General knowledge of tooling manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and ability to resolve issues in a professional, effective manner.
- Knowledge of lean tools & methodologies
- Strong communication & collaborations skills.
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school specializing in Technical, Science or Business Management areas, Bachelor’s Degree desired.
- 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- SAP Modules: Budget, Inventory, Labor Hours, Production Order Performance, Purchasing
The salary range in this posting depends on qualifications and experience. Actual compensation may vary, and this job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on relevant experience, qualifications/education, and other factors including work schedule, shift premiums, and overtime.
Gleason is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to age, disability, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, victim of domestic violence status, arrest or conviction record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in a manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Employees are required to use proper lift assistance for any objects over 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in a manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts; wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employees are required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their manager or supervisor.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an all inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements or duties and responsibilities does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.