Position Title: Wealth Advisor
Reports To: Branch Advisor Sales Director
Department: Five Star Wealth Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Purpose: The Wealth Advisor is responsible for working with a diverse set of clients within an assigned territory -including individuals, business owners, professionals, and families- to provide a broad range of products and services to assist with attaining the clients’ financial objectives. The Wealth Advisor is also responsible for working with clients to meet financial planning needs and for collaborating with internal business partners in the referral process to deepen and broaden client relationships.
Degree of Supervision Received: Moderate
- Supervision Received (title): Branch Advisor Sales Director
Degree of Supervision Given: N/A
- Supervision Given to (Titles): N/A
- Meets or exceeds established production goals by consulting with clients to determine needs and suggest investment strategies to meet those needs. Thoroughly explains the investment products available, disclosing the risks and costs of the various options. Focuses on investment balance, diversification, and asset allocation.
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of client documentation necessary to open accounts and complete purchases.
- Works directly with LPL Financial in issues and compliance related to client accounts.
- Collaborates with internal bank business partners by cross-selling appropriate bank products and receiving/submitting referrals as appropriate.
- Mentors and assists other Wealth Advisors with client recommendations and required documentation.
- Provides training and assistance to Retail Branch employees and Lenders on investment products and services to obtain referrals.
- Consistently complies with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and compliance guidelines while maintaining current knowledge of industry through attendance at seminars and trainings.
- Assists Branch Advisor Sales Director with projects and activities and serves as a backup in their absence as needed.
- Demonstrate the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank experience in every interaction with internal and external customers, associates, and stakeholders. Incorporate the high-performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example, and service in every facet of work.
Job Related Qualifications – Education and Prior Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior Experience: 2 – 5+ years’ experience working in the financial services industry, including investment training and knowledge of investment products and services
- Licenses or Accreditation: FINRA Series 7, 6, 63, and NYS Life, Accident, & Health Licenses or ability to obtain licenses within an established timeframe
- Education: Master’s degree in Business or Finance
- Prior Experience: 7+ years’ experience in financial services industry, including investment training and in-depth knowledge of investment products and services and financial planning
- Licenses or Accreditation: Certified Financial Planner or Certified Retirement Consultant Designation, FINRA Series 7, 6, 63, and NYS Life, Accident, & Health Licenses
- Responds to requests for information in a timely and professional manner
- Strong sales orientation and customer focus
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet assigned deadlines and goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic skill level for Microsoft Office applications with ability to learn and utilize new and existing financial services software.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and present it in a meaningful and easily understood form
- Able to regularly sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Extensive computer usage is required
- Moderate phone usage is required
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and be available to meet with clients on nights and weekends
- Ability to travel extensively within corporate footprint
This job description is not exhaustive. The Wealth Advisor may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at (716)817-2706 or (716)817-5186.
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants may be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, prior criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing “any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense” unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.