Job Title: Specialist Integration/Test Engineering
Job Code: INP3
Job Location: Rochester, New York
The Assembly Integration and Test Focus factory for L3Harris, is looking for a Test Engineer to provide support to assembly, integration, and test organization in a large thermal vacuum test facility for testing a variety of spaceflight hardware such as as optical assemblies, mechanisms, elctronic boxes and printed circuit boards (PCBs).
The candidate would be responsible for the development of test procedures based on program requirements as well as providing input for the configuration of the hardware to ensure the requirement are met. These activities would include but are not limited to the designing, analyzing, procuring and testing thermal solutions such as heaters, heat pipes, thermal interface materials, and surface coatings.
Developing and improving standard operating procedures, and enhancing lab capabilities to guide innovative test design for space flight hardware.
This position is to provide engineering support services to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity associated with the design and test of highly complex optical sensing spaceflight hardware utilizing basic technical standards, principles, theories and concepts to develop and execute test plans and procedures.
Participates in multidisciplinary teams, representing the lab in communicating capabilities to develop test requirements and criteria to guide testing procedures for space flight hardware. Supports preparation of the test environment and is a contributor to Test Readiness Reviews.
Ultimately delivers thoroughly tested aerospace products, equipment and systems with supporting documentation to the customer (internal and external) complying with specifications and production requirements.
- Mechanical Background with Working knowledge of typical TVAC chambers, data acquisition systems, roughing pumps, cryo-pumps, cryogenic systems, and electrical systems.
- US Citizenship with Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience. Substitution of additional relevant education and experience for stated qualifications will be considered.
- Ability to develop and execute procedures, document results, effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Able to generate detailed technical reports, data reduction for requirement verification.
- Proficient with MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with high reliability, aerospace products test and verification.
- Experience in an Electrical/Mechanical/Optical discipline in the Aerospace or Defense industry.
- Ability to deliver results as an individual contributor and a team lead.
- Strong communicator, written and verbal communication a must within and outside of function.
- Familiar with Microsoft VISIO.
- Current SSBI with Polygraph.
- Experience in Thermal Anaylsis.