Attention: Effective July 2022 - October 2023, Monroe County full-time employees will receive a $500 quarterly retention payment. Apply today. Another great reason to join the Monroe County workforce!
Description of Duties
This is a Family Court attorney position located in the Public Defender’s Office. The attorney provides legal representation to indigent persons, primarily in custody/visitation, family offense, paternity and child support willful violation matters. The attorney reports directly to and works under the general supervision of the Special Assistant Public Defender in charge of Family Court representation. Does related work as required.
- The Assistant Public Defender-Family Court shall be an attorney duly licensed to practice law in New York State;
- The attorney is committed to providing high quality family law representation to indigent clients and has a desire to engage in exceptional advocacy on their behalf;
- The attorney is able to build relationships with clients, communicate clearly and effectively with them, and manage case files in an organized, independent manner;
- The attorney has excellent courtroom advocacy skills and/or a desire to develop them;
- The attorney is committed to racial diversity, equity, inclusion and antiracism;
- The attorney is able to work collegially with judges, chambers staff, court administrators, and others within the Family Court system.
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable.
Location: Rochester, NY
Name: Public Defender Assistant Grade II
Type: County Department Job Announcements
Deadline: Until Filled
Salary: $68,995 - $95,506 annually
Agency/Dept.: Public Defender's Office (Family Court)
Who May Apply: Open to Public
Categories: Legal Services