With a strong clinical focus, the Clinical Manager in Youth Residential Services is responsible for the overall leadership, management and performance of the unit’s program operations and functions. The Clinical Manager develops and maintains systems to facilitate the integration of services and mentorship to teams in order to implement and maintain these systems. This position supervises the clinical operations and provides oversight to an interdisciplinary team in the provision of high quality evidence based clinical services ensuring the delivery of quality clinical services to clients and their families by providing clinical guidance and supervision to program employees.
Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures a trauma informed and peaceful community for staff, clients, and families, including the facilitation of educational and therapy group meetings and oversight for the clinical content of treatment plans.
- Facilitates decision making processes, including the involvement of stakeholders, when applicable, to develop and implement evidence based programs that achieve clinical, organization and funder objectives.
- Assists in development of the program budget and is responsible for adhering to the established budget.
- Manages and follows up on internal and external emergency situations.
- Facilitates with service integration to coordinate client, family, and systems information.
- Communicates consistently with funder(s) as required in an effort to maintain positive and effective relationships.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge about the services and activities of the area of responsibility.
Requirements: Master’s degree in psychology, social work, school psychology, or applied psychology as it relates to human development and clinical interventions, along with relevant NYS licensure (LMSW, LMHC, LMFT) is required. Candidates with LCSW licensure are preferred.
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of progressive management and group care experience, including family and/or community based work experience. All candidates must have a valid Driver’s License and must meet agencies driving and insurance standards.
Hillside is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Hillside will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.