Full Time 40 hours Grade 008 Labor Relations
8 AM-4:30 PM
Exercising thorough knowledge of University Policies and Procedures and Human Resources practices, provides customer service and support in carrying out aspects of Labor Relations Office. Performs non-routine and independent tasks, and support for University projects, programs or initiatives. Promotes the HR Experience through the HR Values of Respect, Integrity, Inclusion, Performance Excellence and Engagement. Consistently demonstrates the 15 HR Experience Behaviors categorized under the five dimensions of ‘One Inclusive Team, Performance Excellence, Leading with Integrity, The HR Experts and Valued Customer Resource.'
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer, Photocopier, Fax Machine, Printer
- Arranges grievance hearings and conferences between union and University representatives as provided in collective bargaining agreements.
- Updates and maintains department records through computerized systems. Sets up and maintains filing systems and coordinates information requests from union.
- Serves as department receptionist, maintains office supplies, arranges travel and other accommodations.
- Interprets and communicates University policy and procedures.
- Creates ad hoc reports and compiles necessary information in support of analysis using HRIS data, Personnel files, and Grievance Data. Composes and types non-routine confidential correspondence.
- Assigned special projects in support of HR programs. May control department petty cash accounts.
- Demonstrates proficiency in software packages including MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Netscape used in the analysis and presentation of documents. Specialist on complex applications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Associates degree and 3 years experience in Human Resources or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
NOTE: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as required.
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion to advance the University’s mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create – and Make the World Ever Better. In support of our values and those of our society, the University is committed to not discriminating on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to the administration of our policies, admissions, employment, access, and recruitment of candidates from underrepresented populations, veterans, and persons with disabilities consistent with these values and government contractor Affirmative Action obligations.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Pay Range: $ 18.89 - $ 26.44 Hourly
The referenced pay range represents the minimum and maximum compensation for this job. Individual annual salaries/hourly rates will be set within the job’s compensation range, and will be determined by considering factors including, but not limited to, market data, education, experience, qualifications, expertise of the individual, and internal equity considerations.