Job no: 496030
SUNY Budget Title: Plant Utilities Assistant
Salary Level/Grade: SG009
Work type: Full time
Department: Facilities Maintenance + Operations Administration
Categories: Facilities Maintenance & Skilled Trade
Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
Assists in the operation, repair & maintenance of stationary equipment & systems including heat pumps, gas fired hot water heaters, back-flow devices, pumps, boilers, fans, air conditioning, electrical, plumbing & other auxiliary systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance duties such as filter changing, water treatment testing, lubricating rotating equipment, assist with cleaning boilers, changing gaskets, reading meters, and ice rink equipment operation and service.
- Assists with plumbing & sheet metal repairs, & alteration projects, where repairs may be overhead or in trenches.
- Works both inside and outside, and/or extended hours as operational needs dictate.
- Possesses a valid New York State Driver License, Class D or above (other than a motorcycle license); this is verified through the NY State Department of Motor Vehicles. This enables employee to pick up and deliver tools & equipment used in normal maintenance activities.
- Works both scheduled and unscheduled overtime as needed to support the 24/7 utility responsibilities of the group. Contact numbers must be available.
- Experience with Building Management Systems and Direct Digital Controls (DDC).
- Experience and understanding of multi-meters for electrical testing.
- Working knowledge of the operation of chilled water systems, chillers, hot water boilers, steam boilers & auxiliary boiler room equipment, along with a working knowledge of methods, materials & tools used in the routine maintenance & repair of boilers, auxiliary boiler room & associated electrical & mechanical equipment (e.g. multi-meter).
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools, and motorized equipment for extended periods of time.
- Climbs, stoops, and does moderate to heavy lifting.
- Reads and understands MSDS & equipment operating manuals, and understands & carries out written & oral instructions.
- Must be able to obtain Operations and Maintenance certification for asbestos removal.
40 hours/week, Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm
Salary and Benefits:
$37,507, May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport
Submit your application, cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references (one being a current supervisor) at jobs.hr.brockport.edu .
MUST COMPLETE the Plant Utilities Assistant application and submit to Kallee Quill at firstname.lastname@example.org
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.