A Lease Transaction Analyst II (LTA II) is responsible for coordinating, documenting and initiating the funding process for a variety of commercial equipment lease/loan products. They assist the sales staff and other internal customers in finding ways to structure and document transactions, which are usually customized for each customer based on equipment type. This must be done in a manner that adheres to the Bank’s internal operations, credit and pricing policies, ensuring that the Bank’s legal interests and profitability are protected. These transactions are within the M&T footprint and/or with the National Division and transactional portfolio customers. Transactions include Conditional Sale Contracts (CSC -Dollar Buyout), First Amendment leases, Tax/FMV (Fair Market Value) leases, Small Ticket leases, Municipal/Escrow leases, loans and the Master documents for each lease and loan type with commercial and municipal customers.
- A LTA II must understand and adhere to the Bank’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Bank’s Risk guidelines and procedures. They must also identify these risk-related issues and escalate them to management when necessary.
- They must have the ability to problem solve, understand the various products, and some legal documents, as well as have the ability to comprehend more advanced legal documents with guidance.
- They will work independently; seek advice and guidance when appropriate. They must be able to make changes to documents within the context of their knowledge, experience and authority level and recommend process changes to their manager and others within the group as necessary.
- A LTA II must have the ability to coordinate all aspects/functions for commercial and municipal customers to document Conditional Sale Contracts (CSC -Dollar Buyout), First Amendment leases, Tax/FMV (Fair Market Value) leases, Small Ticket leases, Municipal /Escrow leases, Sublease agreements, loans and the Master documents for each lease and loan type. LTA II has knowledge to support participations/syndications that may include aircraft, rail, and solar/renewable energy projects. This process includes reviewing/interpreting credit approvals and understanding the many requirements necessary for the documentation and funding processes to complete these transactions.
- LTA’s will assist with legal document negotiations depending on work experience and familiarity with the documents. They will work with both internal and external counsel to incorporate the requested changes into the documents and/or explain to the customer why the change could not be made.
- They must be able to review and approve standard transaction documents for funding and provide guidance to the team for non-standard/unique scenarios.
- They need to have strong customer service skills with the ability to respond to internal and external customers on a daily basis. They will seek answers to customer questions and resolve their problems in a timely and accurate manner in order to contribute to customer retention and expansion of customer relationship. Communication with other departments within the Bank as well as third party vendors in order to obtain additional required information to support these efforts is necessary.
- A LTA II is a resource to others in the group on product knowledge and procedures. They will contribute to team success by implementing solutions under guidance, lead team discussions, build procedures with their manager’s input and learn and share relevant information with the documentation team to achieve their individual and team goals, which includes working overtime during peak periods.
- They must have the ability to manage stress and keep matters in perspective. He/she will participate in an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Complete annual compliance training and other required training classes.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Light travel required for internal meetings and customer visits.
- Individual will be authorized by their manager to approve variances for pricing exceptions under certain circumstances.
Scope of Responsibilities:
This position is critical in the day to day operation of the business. The transaction analyst works directly with borrowers, third party vendors and internal/external customers and counsel.. This requires a strong knowledge of the leasing business, tax rules, legal issues and accounting rules and insurance requirements applicable to leasing while navigating multiple computer systems to process transactions. The incumbent works with uncertainty, constantly changing legal, tax and accounting rules and must be able to make discretionary decisions based on knowledge and past experience.
The position is responsible for owning/participating in a customer relationship while providing a positive customer experience and a strong level of expertise to help ensure all leases/loans are managed smoothly.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
A LTA II must have a bachelor’s degree with 3 years customer service experience in related field or a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience.
They must have strong verbal and professional written communication skills and the interpersonal skills necessary to interact with internal/external legal counsel and internal/external customers including all levels of management.
They must have strong problem solving skills, decision making skills and interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to work in diverse, collaborative and open environment.
A LTA II must have the ability to assess ideas and gain support and commitment from others in order to adhere to the Bank’s credit policies and conform to all lease and loan approval requirements and make sure that the Bank’s interests are protected while assisting the sales staff and other internal customers in finding ways to structure and document transactions within the Bank’s risk profile and profitability model.
A LTA II is a highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter, well organized and has the ability to manage, prioritize, and work on multiple complex projects/tasks every day while assisting with the training of less experienced staff and being a subject matter expert on certain types of transactions.
They must have a thorough knowledge of computer systems, leasing products, workflow management software and the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, English, Law, Tax.
Experience in Leasing, Finance, Banking Mortgage Company or Legal environment.
A thorough knowledge of documentation flow software.
The ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in stressful situations.
Notary Public helpful.
Ability to sit and work for long periods of time.
Ability to work on a computer for long periods of time.