Job no: 496377
SUNY Budget Title: Lecturer (10 month)
Work type: Full time
Location: Brockport, NY
Department: Accounting, Economics, + Finance
Categories: Faculty & Libraries
Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
The School of Business & Management at SUNY Brockport invites applications for a Lecturer in Finance position to begin in Fall 2023. The position requires teaching four 3-credit courses at the undergraduate or graduate levels each semester. Courses may include Principles of Finance, Personal Finance, Introductory Investments, International Financial Management, Money and Banking, Introductory Financial Accounting, Management Accounting as well as other business courses consistent with academic preparation, professional experiences, and the emerging needs of the School. May be asked to assist with the development of additional courses in the fields of Finance and, secondarily, Accounting. Engage in extracurricular activities with students and the regional business community. Must have initial professional qualifications and ability to maintain qualifications consistent with AACSB criteria. The position also carries student advisement responsibilities and other service obligations consistent with the needs of the Department, School, SUNY at Brockport, and Profession
- Master’s degree or higher in finance and/or an appropriate related discipline when employment begins. In exceptional circumstances, candidates with a bachelor's degree, finance certifications and sustained, substantive academic and/or professional engagement will be considered conditional on permission from the department Chair and Dean.
- A strong work ethic, commitment to continuous improvement, ability to teach in a multi-cultural environment, and collegial and team-oriented demeanor.
- Potential to maintain qualifications consistent with AACSB accreditation through continued academic or professional development activities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in teaching courses such as Principles of Finance, Introductory Investments, Personal Finance Introductory Financial Accounting, Management Accounting preferably including in online/hybrid formats.
- Appropriate professional experience in finance.
- Demonstrated student focus, effectiveness, and potential for success in teaching college-level courses, including in online and hybrid formats.
- Record of high-quality teaching.
- Experience in developing and coordinating curricula and programs.
- Experience with experiential education, service learning.
- Qualified to teach graduate-level courses by virtue of professional or academic experience,
Monday to Friday
Salary and Benefits:
May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
Pre-Employment Drug Testing:
Pre-employment drug test and DOT physical may be required for positions requiring a valid Class A or B CDL driver's license with passenger endorsement.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.