WHO WE ARE
Baldwin Richardson Foods, Co. is a global manufacturer of custom food and beverage ingredients and one of the largest African-American family-owned and-operated businesses in the food industry. The Company has strong supply relationships with some of the world’s largest Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) and Food Service customers. Iconic, global food brands entrust Baldwin Richardson Foods as their partner to deliver the highest quality products that exceed industry standards. The Company also manufactures and markets Mrs. Richardson’s Ice Cream Toppings and Nance’s Mustards and Condiments. Baldwin Richardson Foods has manufacturing locations in Macedon, NY and Williamson, NY; Corporate Offices in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and Food Innovation Center Westmont, IL. This role is in our Williamson, NY facility.
The Assistant Production Operator (APO) is our entry-level production role, and the first step to a successful career at Baldwin Richardson Foods! As you learn additional production lines, there is opportunity for title and pay advancement. We are currently hiring for the start up of our new production line on the 3rd shift at our Williamson, NY facility!
- Starting hourly rate is $16.50/hour, plus a shift differential of $1.50 for working 3rd shift.
- These are direct hire roles, eligible for our fantastic benefits package the first of the month following your start date.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will help to ensure an efficient and safe production run by:
- Providing general support to Production Operators and Line Leaders for all production activities by performing a variety of functions as assigned including packing, stacking, bottle dumping and box making.
- You will work cross-functionally to support other departments, such as material handling, or processing.
- You will verify proper labeling/codes are on cases/jars/jugs and complete required paperwork accurately.
- You will verify, against Fill Cards, that all materials being used in production are accurate.
- Maintain GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards throughout facility and at machinery.
- You may have the opportunity to be trained and certified in Forklift operation, to assist with Production support.
- This is the training role that leads to Production Operator roles in the organization.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- A great attitude and willingness to work hard
- Desire to learn and accomplish tasks as assigned
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. without assistance
WILL BE ABLE TO
- Effectively read the Fill Cards, which are written in the English language, and complete associated paperwork.
- Be able to accurate follow directions, work effectively in teams, and contribute a positive attitude each day.
- Work in a manufacturing environment, which includes fluctuation in heat, moisture and noise.
- Wear Food Manufacturing GMP Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - hard hat, hairnet (head and beard if applicable), steel toes shoes/boots, face mask
- Effectively communicates information in one-on-one and small group situations
- Ability to follow and implement written or oral instructions.
- Ability to problem solve with limited information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk/hear, taste/smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to see color, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particle, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold (non-weather), extreme heat (non-weather), risk of electrical shock, work with explosives, risk of radiation, vibration, allergens.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
BRF offers an excellent benefits package. Eligibility is the first of the month after start date, and includes medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick time, tuition assistance and 401k.
Read more about who we are at www.brfoods.com or www.linkedin.com/company/baldwin-richardson-foods