As a Store Operations Management Trainee, you will take part in a 1-2 year accelerated training program allowing you to work hands on with products, customers, and team members to develop your skills in being an effective leader in our stores. You will learn about Wegmans values, business measures, standards and operations with the aim of becoming a successful Department Manager upon completion of this program. If you’re a motivated self-starter looking for the chance to launch an exciting leadership career with endless opportunities for growth, this could be the program for you!
What will I do?
- Acquire the skills, knowledge, and experience needed to effectively manage store operations, working through program modules and taking part in seminars as well as weekly and monthly meetings with a trainer and coach to monitor progress and set goals
- Work hands-on with products, customers and team members to best learn and understand all aspects of being an effective department manager
- Grow or enhance skills in leading and developing people, teambuilding, product merchandising, driving sales, and managing profit
- Partner closely with the Department Managers, as well as your trainer and coaching, seeking out performance feedback and working towards growth and professional development
- 1 or more years of supervisory experience in a retail setting
At Wegmans, we’ve long believed we can achieve our goals only if we first fulfill the needs of our people. Putting our people first and offering competitive pay and a variety of benefits & perks is just the start of what it means to work at Wegmans.
Whether through premium pay for working on Sundays or holidays, offering industry-leading health care coverage and wellness programs to support physical, financial, and emotional well-being, or paid time off (PTO) to help you balance work and life, we’ve got something for everyone.
And because we care about the wellbeing and success of every person, we recognize each person has their own unique scheduling needs. We’re proud to offer flexibility in scheduling so our employees can prioritize what is most important to them. Our large, high-volume stores and 24x7 operations allow for personalized schedules that balance an employee’s individual needs with the needs of our business and each department.
- Paid time off (PTO) to help you balance your personal and work life
- Higher premium pay rates for working Sundays or on a recognized holiday
- Health care benefits that provide a high level of coverage at a low cost to you
- Retirement plan with both a profit-sharing and 401(k) match
- A generous scholarship program to help employees meet their educational goals
- LiveWell Employee & Family program to support your emotional, work-life and financial wellness
- Exclusive discounts on electronics, entertainment, gym memberships, travel and more!
- And more!
***Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied and offerings may differ based upon area or the company and/or position.
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family-owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.