WHO WE ARE
Baldwin Richardson Foods, Co. is a global manufacturer of custom food and beverage ingredients and one of the largest African-American family-owned and-operated businesses in the food industry. The Company has strong supply relationships with some of the world’s largest Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) and Food Service customers. Iconic, global food brands entrust Baldwin Richardson Foods as their partner to deliver the highest quality products that exceed industry standards. The Company also manufactures and markets Mrs. Richardson’s Ice Cream Toppings and Nance’s Mustards and Condiments. Baldwin Richardson Foods has manufacturing locations in Macedon and Williamson, NY; Corona, CA; and Food Innovation Center Westmont, IL. This role primarily reports to the Macedon facility, but will also provide support to Williamson.
WHAT WE NEED
The Manufacturing Training Specialist, reports to our Manager Employee Experience, is responsible for evaluating and identifying workforce skill training needs, creating effective training materials, and supporting the delivery of quality training programs for manufacturing areas. The Manufacturing Training Specialist will work with cross-functional teams within the manufacturing sector of the workforce as well as with Human Resources. The Manufacturing Training Specialist will also be responsible for educating and supporting a train-the-trainer model to upskill the supervisors and cell leads delivering on-the-job training.
For the right individual, this is an exciting opportunity to form partnerships with manufacturing, learn and dig into the technical aspects of our food and beverage manufacturing equipment, mentor first-line supervisors and trainees on training essentials (train the trainer), and grow the training function within our amazing employee experience department! We need a skilled and experienced individual to join us at a time of immense growth in our organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Identify skill-level training needs for manufacturing areas and which will be a value add to employee growth and the overall employee experience.
- Support the delivery of BRF’s training development plans including the development of materials (i.e. Job Breakdown Sheets JBW, videos), tutorials, instructions, and additional learning resources for proper onboarding and ongoing skill development.
- Maintain manufacturing learning and procedural materials to ensure accuracy and best practices.
- Track completion of training programs to ensure consistent and timely training delivery across manufacturing areas.
- Report training compliance to individual trainees, supervisors, and other stakeholders.
- Provide accurate, constructive, and timely feedback to trainees, supervisors, and cell leads to support performance excellence.
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions to upskill supervisors, operations performance managers, and cell leads to support on-the-job training programs successfully and efficiently.
- Champion continuous improvement of manufacturing plant technical training effectiveness.
- Actively build collaborative relationships and partnerships with all levels of the organization in the identification and implementation of learning solutions.
- Be able to effectively communicate with all levels of associates, to include those with English as a second language. This would be done through fluency in Spanish and use of translation tools and services.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, English or other applicable program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of (5+) years in Manufacturing/Operations, Training & Development, Human Resources, Career & Technical Education, or Industry Related Field.
- Experience in manufacturing or related environment required, experience in skilled trades a plus.
- Experience with training creation & delivery is required both 1:1 and in a classroom setting
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and principles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong intrapersonal skills to work effectively with diverse groups of people, including cross-functional teams in multiple locations.
- Ability to convey information to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of HR general practices, a plus.
- Due to SQF regulations, all employees must be able to fluently read, write, and converse in the English language. Bilingual in Spanish/English is a big plus!!
- This position is an individual contributor role and will not require direct supervision of personnel.
At BRF, base pay is one part of our total compensation package, and is determined within a range.
The base pay range for this role is between $75,000 and $85,000 annually. Your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
You'll also receive a comprehensive benefits package including low premium and out of pocket cost medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k with company match, generous sick and vacation time, 9 paid holidays, birthday and floating holidays, volunteer time and more!
Read more about who we are at:
www.brfoods.com or www.linkedin.com/company/baldwin-richardson-foods