To build and execute a communications vision and strategy that drives clear understanding of Paychex company strategies and initiatives among all constituencies (clients, shareholders, financial services, human resources, media, influencers, philanthropic organizations, general public), while leading the corporate communications team and using a variety of mediums to create and deliver communications that will touch every part of the business in ways that bring the vision and strategy of the Paychex management team to life for external and internal constituents. Accountable to create metrics to define success of group, brand loyalty and reputation industry analyst relationships.
- Plays a lead role in advancing, managing, and protecting the company’s reputation and brand awareness through creation and execution of a comprehensive Corporate Communications strategy that addresses communications priorities and maximizes public and media relations.
- Oversees development and execution of comprehensive media relations strategy that maximizes media placements at all levels and positions Paychex as an industry authority.
- Evaluates and measures effectiveness of communications programs, continuously refining them to optimize results through quantifiable metrics.
- Builds, leads, and inspires strong, experienced communications team, in coordination with the Paychex’s marketing organization to deliver impactful public relations programs that advance the company’s mission and values. Aligns with the marketing leadership team to develop integrated lead generation campaigns; identify events, online sources and partnerships to reach target audiences
- Takes proactive leadership role in issues management and crisis communications matters impacting all divisions of the company to ensure informative, clear communication of company authority and reputation.
- Serves as communications leader for company’s mergers and acquisitions activity, producing communication plans and assets that support company growth strategy.
- Fulfills key communications leadership role in corporate social responsibility, corporate philanthropy, and community relations to proactively expand and advance the company’s reputation as an industry and community leader.
- Serves as chief spokesperson for the company as needed in advancing company messaging with integrity and authority.
- Has a proven track record of motivating business professional referrals, inspiring customer understanding of the business, and helping drive business results in both traditional and digital channels.
- Drives executive communication function through continued development of strong narratives and initiatives to raise the profile of senior leaders.
- Partners with training organization to ensure skill development of executives and staff for speaking engagements, media interviews, and other presentation needs.
- Manages all aspects of Corporate Communications department, including selecting, hiring, promoting, disciplining and evaluating performance of the team to ensure needs are met in conjunction with corporate metrics. Counsels and develops staff for personal and professional advancement through career development, training, and other resources as identified and required.
- Manages organizational marketing content on social media outlets to increase prospect engagement and communication efforts and initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or a related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in Related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
In the spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to share that the starting base pay range for this position is $162,400-$188,000 annually. Please keep in mind that this range is the base pay only and does not consider other components that make up the total rewards package for the position. If you are hired at Paychex, your overall compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience which may result in total compensation outside of this range.