WHO WE ARE
Baldwin Richardson Foods, Co. is a global manufacturer of custom food and beverage ingredients and one of the largest African-American family-owned and-operated businesses in the food industry. The Company has strong supply relationships with some of the world’s largest Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) and Food Service customers. Iconic, global food brands entrust Baldwin Richardson Foods as their partner to deliver the highest quality products that exceed industry standards. The Company also manufactures and markets Mrs. Richardson’s Ice Cream Toppings and Nance’s Mustards and Condiments. Baldwin Richardson Foods has manufacturing locations in Macedon, NY and Williamson, NY; Corporate Offices in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and Food Innovation Center Westmont, IL. This role is in our Macedon NY facility.
WHAT WE NEED
The Supervisor of Maintenance will direct all reliability and maintenance activities to ensure that maximum operational potential is realized for plant operation at our Macedon facility. This includes directing site maintenance technicians and supporting development of the site maintenance strategy.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Direct plant maintenance employees across all shifts to complete planned preventive maintenance and troubleshoot equipment-related issues
• Assure the safe execution of all maintenance activities, requiring that all plant activities are conducted following all safety procedures
• Maintain production assets to meet regulatory guidelines e.g., USDA, FDA, OSHA, and EPA.
• Optimize the availability and safe operation of production assets through appropriate preventative maintenance and safe and effective execution of corrective maintenance
• Optimize costs through effective budget planning and cost management
• Oversee and jointly lead the implementation of planned maintenance, autonomous maintenance, and center lining.
• Coordinate major maintenance and project requirements with production and engineering, to include major downtime activities and downtime periods
• Train maintenance employees on effective maintenance practices, including effective use of the CMMS, problem solving tools, risk and failure analysis, and maintenance scheduling
• Set and achieve departmental goals and objectives through a collaborative effort with plant leadership team.
• Other duties as assigned by BRF Senior Management to support business objectives.
Supervisory and Leadership Responsibilities:
Lead the maintenance function at our Macedon site, including direct supervision of maintenance technicians and indirect supervision of operations personnel
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 3+ years directing maintenance personnel to achieve equipment availability and reliability goals
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing equipment maintenance
- Experience in food and beverage manufacturing equipment maintenance a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High level of expertise in the following areas: Packaging/Mechanical Operation, Electrical, Instrumentation, Electronics/Controls
- PLC, HMI, and controls experience.
- Ability to work autonomously as a strong, independent, critical-thinker and decision-maker
- Ability to independently prioritize and juggle multiple matters at once
- A pro-active, high-energy attitude, geared towards achieving continuous improvement
- Track record of excellence, ability to drive change and deliver results
- Interpersonal and communications skills to motivate, empower, train, direct, lead, evaluate and coach a diverse group of team members to reach their fullest potential
- Ability to Analyze and solve problems
- Due to SQF regulations, all employees must be able to fluently read, write, and converse in the English language. Required for every posting
Generous benefits package, including low premium and out-of-pocket medical/dental/vision costs, vacation, sick, 401k with matching, holiday, birthdays off, designated holidays and floating holidays. Read more about who we are at: www.brfoods.com or www.linkedin.com/company/baldwin-richardson-foods