Hospital professional will be responsible for the comprehensive servicing of MH patients with a focus on the critical aspects of patient registration including making an empathetic first impression, soliciting personal health information, answering sensitive patient questions/concerns, insurance verification, co-payments scheduling and pre access for the entire hospital. Individual will also share work in the hospitals telephone switchboard. Successful candidate will possess excellent customer service skills, have an appreciation/understanding of the importance of Press-Ganey and HCAP scores, be willing to learn various healthcare computer software (Meditech etc.)
STATUS: Per Diem
LOCATION: Massena Hospital
SCHEDULE: 8 Hour, Variable
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Associate's degree in Healthcare Administration or related field
- Preferred: Medical Terminology
- Registration for all areas of hospital Insurance verification, errors, and co pays and account payments, financial counseling.
- Switchboard coverage, alarm activations, paging and answering service. Responsible for all status changing of patients.
- Scheduling, authorization verification, pre insurance, accuracy, errors and copay collections in pre access area.