Acts as a dedicated account manager, licensed broker, and internal liaison for a specific 'book of business' that is based on revenue and/or enrollment. Meets or exceeds set expectations around customer service delivery and client retention goals. Provides client with the most consultative and thorough service experience including on boarding, proactive consultative / relationship activities and renewal to ensure plan design meets the client's cost and benefit objectives.
- Initiates calls with clients providing updates on relevant insurance specific topics, administrative services, and to assess clients current needs.
- Initiates calls to client to assess underwriting exposures prior to policy renewal.
- Provides creative plan designs to clients from current and alternate carriers during each client renewal. Utilizes knowledge of carrier and state underwriting guidelines to guide client toward the best possible option within the Paychex Agency’s administrative capabilities.
- Supports larger clients relative to the Account Manager position and conducts occasional travel (15% -20%) to visit and consult largest clients with the book of business.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining ongoing client relationships, overall client satisfaction, and client retention.
- Responsible for meeting specific client retention goals for assigned book of business in support of Agency financial goals. Responsible for meeting basic service level goals including response time and quality standards.
- Moves existing policies to alternative carriers to assist client in achievement of benefit and premium objectives.
- Mentors new and existing Account Representatives and Account Managers within H&B. Conducts training for other members of H&B on carrier and insurance product specifics.
- Works as a liaison between client and Insurance Carrier/GA to ensure the highest level of customer service is provided.
- Works as a liaison between internal Paychex departments to ensure the highest level of customer service across product lines.
- Up sells and/or resells ancillary products.
- Leads process improvement efforts within the Paychex Insurance Agency.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of related products including HRO, BeneTrac, Section125, COBRA and Workers Compensation.
- Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the position’s function.
- Life, Accident and Health must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
- Bachelor's Degree - Preferred
- 3 years of experience in Insurance industry, Sales or Customer Service experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant Insurance License This role requires you to be eligible for applicable insurance licensing in all 50 states, which may involve an enhanced background check. If you are not currently licensed, you will be required to obtain the necessary insurance license(s) within 90 calendar days of your official start date. Failure to obtain the required license(s) within 90 days of your start date and to maintain eligibility throughout the duration of your employment may result in corrective action, up to and including termination of employment. Paychex Insurance Agency, Inc. (PIA) will cover the cost of up to two (2) attempts to pass a state insurance licensing exam including exam materials and testing fee. The cost of any additional attempts will be at the expense of the individual employee. If an individual is hired by PIA with an active and current license(s), that employee will be responsible for the timely updating and/or verifying of any changes that may have occurred with their state license(s) prior to their start date at PIA. This includes any state of residence changes, e-mail changes, mailing address changes or name changes. - Required
In the spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to share that the starting base pay range for this position is $51,650 - $81,165 a year. Please keep in mind that this range is the base pay only and does not consider other components that make up the total rewards package for the position. If you are hired at Paychex, your overall compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience which may result in total compensation outside of this range.
Salary51,650.00 - 81,165.00 Annual