Under pharmacist supervision, responds to and/or triages nursing phone calls, prepares medications orders, accurately delivers meds and restocks as necessary. Provide superior customer service by modeling the organizations values.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Rochester Regional Home Infusion Pharmacy
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for routine interaction with hospital staff, patients and visitors.
- 1 year of work experience in a clinical, retail or healthcare setting preferred.
- Medication Preparation & Delivery. Process and prepare medication orders by repackaging bulk medication into individual size packages; round to floors in an accurate and timely manner to deliver medication; add measured drugs or nutrients to intravenous solutions under sterile conditions
- Documentation & Reporting. Ensure concise, pertinent and complete patient care documentation using EMR system (Electronic Medical Record); use pharmacy information system to run reports and access medication data; receive and store incoming supplies and verify quantities
- Maintenance & Sterilization. Clean and maintain the repackaging machine after use; non-sterile compounding and prepare oral liquids, creams and ointments in a clean environment; measure and combine medication accurately with proper documentation; ensure proper disposal of medication