Performs temperature screenings and asks formatted health questions related to COVID-19 within the SLHS. The role screens employees and visitors upon entry and utilizes defined protocols for permitting access to any SLHS facility.
LOCATION: EJ Noble
DEPARTMENT: SLH Administration
SCHEDULE: 8 Hour, Variable
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Prior experience in a healthcare setting
- Greets employees/visitors and screens for temperature upon entry using provided equipment.
- Interprets results of temperature screen, using parameters set by infection prevention
- Asks basic screening questions utilizing provided protocols.
- Notifies employees and visitors of their temperature.
- Escorts and coordinates visitors who need help getting to their destination.
- Denies entry to employees and visitors with designated temperatures or not permitted entry in accordance with designated protocols.
- Identify and refer individuals to alternate resource if not eligible to enter facility and will report daily logs and potential issues to immediate supervisor.
- Performs clerical duties associated with the temperature screening function.
- Is responsible for attending all annual mandatory educational programs as required by position.
- Employee understands and demonstrates the importance of satisfying the needs of the customer/patient by interacting with him/her in a friendly and caring way, being attentive to the customer’s needs, both psychologically and physically, and by taking the initiative to maintain communication with the customer in order to provide a secure and pleasant experience within the SLHS