Job Title: Software Engineer
Job Code: SAS20211310-70872
Job Location: Rochester or Melbourne
L3harris is currently seeking a Software Engineer who will design, develop and integrate existing Image Processing algorithms into a Cloud framework. You will be part of a team that will support analyzing the existing C++ based algorithms and develop cloud-based solutions utilizing these algorithms with AWS, Kubernetes and Docker.
You and your team will support all phases of the software lifecycle, including refining requirements, software implementation, integration, debugging, and full documentation. This opportunity also includes development tasks within a Cloud environment on Linux as part of a larger team dedicated to the customer mission.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work both independently with little supervision as well as engage with a team to achieve overall project objectives. Ultimately, the main responsibility is to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing Cloud applications that comply with coding standards and technical design.
- Utilize software engineering principles, processes, and industry best practices with the ability to apply them in daily work.
- Interact with Systems, software, program management on specifications/requirements in a collaborative team environment.
- Design, code and unit test, as well as participate in integration and test, requirements sell off, and operations and maintenance of software systems.
- Ensure that products/projects delivered meet customer requirements and specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with program management, project leadership team and stakeholders with regards to status and milestones, and well as risks and ability to execute on mitigation plans.
- Analyze problems, perform root cause analysis, and propose resolution approaches.
- Maintain software baselines using GIT and Jira.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years of prior software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience programming development in C++ on Linux
- 2+ years of experience developing in a Cloud Computing environment
- 2+ years of experience with Linux OS - including monitoring, maintaining, triaging, and debugging/troubleshooting applications on Linux Oss
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite (Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence)
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Experience using a software development process
- Experience with developing C++ applications, libraries, CMake, releases
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiar with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, etc… and experience working in a continuous integration (CI) / continuous deployment (CD) environment
- Active Top Secret or TS/SCI clearance required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Cloud based architecture
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Bash and other scripting languages
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with parallel system implementation across multiple CPUs and GPU cores, within and across servers
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Ability to deliver high quality work in a dynamic, agile product development environment
- Experience managing Jenkins and Continuous Integration of Python / C++ tools
- Demonstrated ability to work and grow in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented environment