Excellent Pay and Benefits:
- Great career-pathing
- Health insurance with premium contributions
- Dental, vision, HSA
- 100% company paid life insurance and long-term disability
- 401k – with employer match
- Paid time off to include- vacation, sick pay, wellness time off, and 10 holidays
- Company bonuses
- And many more….
About LiDestri Food and Drink
LiDestri Food and Drink has grown from our roots as a pasta sauce and salsa manufacturer to become an R&D engine, formulating and producing innovative food, beverage and spirits products for our labels and those of our national and retailer brand partners. A family-run company based in Rochester, NY, LiDestri employs over 1,400 people across five U.S. locations. We have decades-long partnerships with some of the most respected consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies and the most highly inventive retailer brands.
The Packaging Engineer II is responsible for the creation of new packaging formats and their processes while supporting their implementation in multiple manufacturing areas. The Packaging Engineer II will also support the needs of the existing product portfolio through improvements and opportunities for cost reductions. In addition, support packaging documentation while providing technical input to manufacturing for critical projects. This position through general supervision will utilize Project Management skills to efficiently meet internal and external stakeholder needs which result in cost effective manufacturing capability to produce both new and existing packages.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Responsible for providing technical guidance to the LiDestri organization and customers to design, specify, plan, implement, and commission packaging design projects and ensure the delivery of project scope on time with general supervision
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of Engineering Documentation, to include specifications, test protocols, procedures, forms, and manufacturing requirements
- Executes projects in a Project Management phased approach while mitigating risk to manufacturing with general supervision
- Remains current with latest Packaging technology related to the manufacture of the company’s products
- Responsible for collaborating with Quality and Regulatory to confirm that all aspects of a packaging system or process meet specified internal and external regulations
- Selection, management, and working with vendors and sub-contractors to implement packaging initiatives
- Responsible for the development and implementation of packaging systems, including packaging feasibilities, change part assessments, packaging trials, and performance specs with general supervision
- Supports new product development projects, quality issues, supply shortages, and/or productivity initiatives
- Coordinates both internal and external test resources, schedules materials, labor, equipment, vendor support, etc.
- Prepare capital expenditure requests for change parts with general guidance to support new packaging or changes to existing packaging
- Communicates dieline for artwork creation and approves artwork for fit and function on new or existing packaging
- Prepares packaging validation protocols and reports to support the implementation of new processing technology, equipment, and packaging
- Tests new packaging methods and processes using various testing lab equipment in qualification of packaging changes
- Provide support to manufacturing while assisting with troubleshooting and the development of solutions to production packaging issues
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Packaging Engineering, or related Engineering field
- 2+ years of experience including Co-Op in high speed packaged consumer products industry required, preferably in a food and beverage manufacturing environment
- Intermediate background in Project Management delivering project scope from concept to closure
- Effective communication skills including the ability to facilitate, present, document, and work in a collaborative team
- Continuous improvement mindset with Lean manufacturing and/or Lean Six Sigma experience (Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification, preferred)
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Familiar with rigid and flexible packaging component types associated with primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging
- Intermediate knowledge of food and beverage processing technologies
- Knowledge of technical principles and dynamics of packaging systems, materials in packaging, and testing methods
- Familiarity in an operations/manufacturing environment to include knowledge of the relationship between packaging components and packaging equipment.
- Proficient in Auto CAD, Minitab, Microsoft Office Applications, as well as Pallet Pattern software TOPS and/or Cape
- Understanding of problem-solving tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of ASTM, TAPPI, ISTA test methods is preferred
- Experienced writing procedures, manufacturing requirements, forms, and technical reports
- Willingness to travel up to 40%, (typical less than 25%)
- Regularly required to sit, use hands
- Occasionally need to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, with a potential of up to 25 pounds
- Sedentary office environment
- Constant exposure to manufacturing plant floor requiring the use of personal protective equipment (ear plugs, safety glasses, bump cap, skid-resistant leather shoes, etc.)
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practice (hair net, no jewelry, no fake nails or eyelashes, no food/drink, gum, etc. in manufacturing Plant).
Employee Value Proposition
Our purpose and our promise is to actively nourish at every touchpoint; this starts with nourishing our workforce and extends to nourishing our many communities. We provide a safe and respectful environment, meaningful careers, awesome benefits, a world class wellness program… all of which inspire unity and collaboration amongst our LiDestri “family”.
DISCLAIMER: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.