Prepares products and batches per the batch cards per customer specifications and assures quality checks are performed and recorded by performing the following duties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all equipment is setup and functioning;
- Follow batch cards for all products verifying item codes, lot numbers, weights and descriptions;
- Responsible for preparing batches per batch card (kettles, breddos, brix, acid, and PH levels) per batch card;
- Assist with reports for ingredient lot numbers;
- Remove any product not required for current batch run;
- Participate in CIPs as needed;
- Ensure kitchen and all utensils are clean and ready for use;
- Understand written production orders;
- Report an accurate and current inventory to personnel with authority to initiate action;
- Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (bump cap, hair net, ear plugs, beard net (if applicable), Kevlar gloves, safety glasses and leather skid resistant work shoes/boots.
- Ability to apply basic computer and communication skills, math functions, and reasoning.
- Ability to use basic hand tools (knife, pumps, and scales).
- Previous experience as a machine operator.
- Lock Out/Tag Out Trained.
- Constant exposure to extreme loud noises.
- Constant standing and moving by foot.
- Constant exposure to extreme hot/cold (non-weather) environment.
- Constant work near moving mechanical parts/conveyors.
- Frequent lifting/carrying <50 pounds, reaching and use of fingers.
- Frequent reaching/pulling/bending/climbing stairs/stooping/kneeling.
- Occasionally lifting >50 pounds.
- Potential exposure to caustic chemicals.
Employee Value Proposition
Our purpose and our promise is to actively nourish at every touchpoint; this starts with nourishing our workforce and extends to nourishing our many communities. We provide a safe and respectful environment, meaningful careers, awesome benefits, a world class wellness program… all of which inspire unity and collaboration amongst our LiDestri “family”.
DISCLAIMER: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.