Click here to experience our state-of-the art facilities!
Excellent Pay and Benefits:
- Great career-pathing
- Health insurance with premium contributions
- Dental, vision, FSA, HSA
- 100% company paid life insurance and long-term disability
- 401k – with employer match
- Paid time off to include- vacation, sick pay, wellness time off, and 10 holidays
- Company bonuses
- Awesome wellness program
- And many more….
The Shift Maintenance/Electrical Engineer will be responsible for optimizing the performance of the production equipment to improve efficiency, reduce downtime and improve the throughput of the plant. They will be responsible to assess equipment to determine opportunities for upgrade or replacement. Works with the plant team (quality, maintenance, engineering and operations) to identify issues and implement solutions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide on-shift technical expertise and provide direction to Maintenance staff as needed
- Identify and resolve shift related technical problems, researching solutions and improvements to eliminate future occurrences.
- Provide back up Shift Manager coverage as needed for absences.
- Collaborate with the Plant Manager, Maintenance Manager, Operations Excellence and Corporate Engineering to develop annual capital plans by recommending profitability improvement projects;
- Provide technical support and training to the plant operations on identifying problems, determining opportunities for improvement and effecting change to eliminate issues;
- Remain current with latest technology related to the manufacturing of company products;
- Responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the manufacturing equipment and process systems meet specified internal and external regulations for both safety and quality;
- Perform standard engineering calculations for root cause analysis and corrective action
- Support operations and maintenance to improve equipment reliability;
- Perform analysis of failure data using statistical analysis tools;
- Lead problem solving teams to identify, design and implement improvements;
- Work closely with maintenance personnel to target maintainability issues, lower cost and improve productivity;
- Work closely with operations and maintenance to communicate the opportunities for improved equipment operation, setup, changeover and maintenance;
- Work with Plant and Corporate Engineering to help develop a strategic plan for all controls related to the manufacturing process.
- Provide input to Plant and Corporate Engineering for the development, continuous improvement, and standardization of all manufacturing controls.
- Trouble shoot and repair complex electrical and mechanical line down conditions either independently or part of a cross functional team that could include plant and Corporate Maintenance and Engineering
- Work with Corporate Maintenance Reliability Team to make improvements to existing PM’s
- Develop innovative solutions to increase reliability for manufacturing equipment
- Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline and/or 5+ years’ experience in food, beverage or pharmaceutical industry and/or high speed packaged consumer goods manufacturing environment
- Effective communication skills: verbal, facilitation, presentation, documentation.
- Collaborative work style;
- Passion for continuous improvement;
- Ability to motivate and influence others;
- Lean manufacturing and/or Lean Six Sigma experience;
- Preferred experience with Allen Bradley control components and software; certified Project Management Professional; Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Minimal travel as needed.
- Frequent exposure to extreme loud noises;
- Constant standing and moving by foot;
- Constant exposure to extreme hot/cold (non-weather) environment;
- Constant work in high places and near moving mechanical parts / conveyors;
- Regularly required to sit, use hands;
- Occasionally need to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, with a potential of up to 25 pounds;
- Frequent exposure to manufacturing plant floor requiring the use of personal protective equipment (ear plugs, safety glasses, bump cap, skid-resistant leather shoes, etc.);
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practice (hair net, no jewelry, no fake nails or eyelashes, no food/drink, gum, etc. in manufacturing Plant).
Our Employee Value Proposition
“Our purpose and our promise, nourish at every touch point, starts with our employees. We are committed to providing a safe and respectful work environment, meaningful careers, awesome benefits, a world class wellness program, and leadership coaching – all which inspire our LiDestri “family”, a 1,400+ dedicated workforce, to show up and work collaboratively every day. Nourish doesn’t end with our employees. LiDestri’s value-driven culture unites us all to strengthen and grow the business so together we can nourish the communities in which we live.”
DISCLAIMER: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.