Location: FBS Plaza Branch, Rochester, NY
Department: Retail Banking
Hours/Schedule: Position is scheduled for 40 hours per week. Regularly scheduled hours will be Monday through Thursday (9:00 am - 4:00 pm), Friday (9:00 am - 6:00 pm) Saturday (9:00 am - 12:00 pm). Rotating Saturday schedule. When working Saturday, rotate with time off during the week.. Flexibility is needed to occasionally work more or different hours to cover for vacations and holidays.
Reports To (Title): Area Sales Manager, Branch Manager, or Assistant Branch Manager
Purpose: Responsible for interviewing new and existing clients promoting bank services and products and expanding existing relationships. Participates in attainment of branch goals.
Scope and Direction:
Area of Responsibility: Retail Banking
Degree of Supervision Received: Moderate
From (Title): Branch Manager
1. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
2. Participates in the bank incentive programs in the achievement of bank, branch and individual goals. Develops and maintains knowledge of bank products and selling and referral techniques. Actively promotes referrals for commercial, mortgage, investment and merchant services to business partners. Develops, expands and services prospective and existing customer relationships.
3. Responsible for account opening & maintenance, originating consumer loan applications and obtaining and providing all required documentation.
4. Maintains and applies knowledge of all security policies and procedures. Completes online compliance training as required within established timelines.
5. Effectively utilize necessary and available technology including all bank software as required by the position. Operates office equipment as necessary.
6. Required to assist on Teller line as needed:
a. Responsible for accurately processing transactions for customers while on teller line(e.g. deposits, loan payments, cashing checks, redeeming bonds, selling gift cards) in a courteous and professional manner. Provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service.
b. Participate in cash and negotiable instrument control measures including cash management, strike, shipping and cash ordering, vault currency, vault balancing, and vault related controls as assigned.
c. Perform operational duties as required including: fill change and/or currency orders, issue cashiers checks and money orders, process night drops bags and mail deposits, balance ATM and resolve ATM discrepancies, settle and balance Cash Advance machine.
d. Balances cash drawer
7. Required to successfully register with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLS) and obtain a unique identifier through the registry that is provided to consumers in accordance with all SAFE Act requirements. In addition, must successfully renew registration with NMLS annually. Maintains and updates personal registry information as necessary to include name changes, employment changes, etc.
8. This job description is not exhaustive. The Customer Service Representative may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Required: Years: 1+ Type: Teller experience
Required: Years: 2+ Type: Cashiering or Sales experience
Licenses or Accreditation:
Required: NMLS eligible
1. Cooperation/Teamwork – works well with others (internal, external customers and associates)
2. Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload
3. Writes and speaks clearly and concisely
4. Adaptable to varying bank and customer needs
5. Personally responsible, completes work in a timely and consistent manner
6. Strong sales orientation and customer focused
7. Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
8. Able to learn and utilize new technology effectively and efficiently
9. Organized with a high level of attention to detail
10. Reliable in fulfilling hours scheduled and consistently punctual
1. Able to regularly sit for prolonged periods of time
2. Extensive computer usage is required
3. Occasional travel within Branch footprint
4. Ability to perform repetitive motion throughout shift
5. Able to occasionally stand, bend and reach
Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at (585) 786-4344, or (585) 786-1417 or 585-498-7565.
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants may be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing “any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense” unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent. #LI-RB1