Job no: 496221
SUNY Budget Title: Purchase Assistant
Salary Level/Grade: SL3
Work type: Full time
Location: Brockport, NY
Department: Procurement + Payment Services
Categories: Management & Professional
Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
SUNY Brockport is currently accepting applications for a Purchase Assistant/Contract Specialist. This position will assist as a purchase assistant, serving as the procurement lead for a variety of commodities and services. This position will also serve as the Contract Specialist and will review, draft and negotiate contracts, contract amendments, agreements, and licenses insuring compliance with various SUNY, State and College rules and regulations. This position will also process affiliation agreements, and revocable permits. This person will also assist to increase our MWBE vendor base and with Procurement & Payment Services staff to implement processes to utilize MWBE vendors and increase utilization percentages.
- Bachelor’s degree by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- At least two years of demonstrated experience in, procurement, sourcing, contracting and vendor relationships.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as being solution oriented.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment and strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work effectively with students, public, college community and external constituencies, with an appreciation for cultural and group differences.
- Paralegal certificate.
- Notary Public.
- Knowledge of the vocabulary and terms used in a legal office.
Mon - Fri 8:00am - 4:30pm
Salary and Benefits:
Minimum Salary is $50,148. May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.