The Paychex Health & Benefits software engineering team is looking for a talented technologist to join their organization! We are looking for a creative and self-directed software engineer to help deliver high quality applications to support our business operations.
What will encounter in this role?
- Programming Languages: Java, Python, SQL
- Databases: Oracle, Mongo
- Event based publish-subscribe models, particularly Kafka
- World-Class data centers supporting private cloud (OpenShift)
- Continuous Integration & Automation Tools (git, Jenkins, Gradle)
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban) - Jira integration and automated reporting, scrum master facilitated ceremonies: planning, backlog maintenance, daily stand-ups, demo/retro
- Modern troubleshooting technologies including Splunk and Application Dynamics
What you can expect to do in this role:
- Perform comprehensive analysis and design for program changes. Review and provide input to requirements documents.
- Define development tasks and provide time estimates to aid in scheduling.
- Mentor junior software engineers
- Complete complex program changes, translating specifications and / or requirements into code.
- Apply application specific technical skills to independently produce deliverables (i.e. specifications, program changes, unit test scripts, documentation, etc.).
- Acquire and utilize in-depth business knowledge to support the applications.
- Recognizes code and/or process inefficiencies and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Provides documentation to support program changes.
- Plans, documents, and executes unit test plans to ensure all code changes meet requirements / specifications.
- Support programming changes during quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and post implementation to ensure integrity of application.
- Respond to questions, research, and resolve issues to provide technical support for production applications.
- Comply with and contribute to standards and procedures to ensure development consistency (e.g. programming standards, change management, version control).
Live the Paychex values:
- Act with uncompromising integrity.
- Provide outstanding service and build trusted relationships.
- Drive innovation in our products and services and continually improve our processes.
- Work in partnership and support each other.
- Be personally accountable and deliver on commitments.
- Treat each other with respect and dignity.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree computer-related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Work Experience: 3 years of software development experience using Java and Oracle SQL. Experience with Python, Mongo, Kafka, SOAP, REST, Jenkins, and Gradle is a plus.
Paychex is dedicated to fostering a culture of intentional Inclusion and Diversity (I&D). Our valued employees and commitment to I&D is the essence of our internal and external success. Inclusivity is a key value of our corporate culture and is exemplified through our reputation as a top employer for employee development, diversity, and ethics, as well as a focus on fairness in recruitment, selection, and decision making.
Click here for more information on our corporate social responsibility.