Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 Psychology-Children's Inst
8 AM-5 PM
ROC the Future (RTF) is a collaborative, community-wide initiative dedicated to ensuring that all children receive the opportunities and support they need—from birth to career—to succeed in school and throughout life. ROC the Future is part of the nationally recognized framework, StriveTogether, dedicated to building strong civic infrastructure that supports improvement in student outcomes through collective impact.
The Data Specialist promotes Results Based Accountability and data-based decision-making and action in support of the RTF Outcomes Framework. This position will provide support to evaluation efforts of the Teacher Pipeline and Diversity pilot projects (funded by Farash Foundation), that will pilot interventions that support teachers in preparation programs, ensure students have teachers who share their racial and cultural backgrounds, and support ongoing teacher development. The Data Specialist will support the evaluation of the initial grantees as they innovate new ideas and scale programs and analyze systems-level data to inform policy and systemic changes.
The Data Specialist will also support the development of our annual State of Our Children Report Card, provide maintenance of the ROC the Future dashboard, and engage partners in the use of data to improve education outcomes.
- Create an evaluation toolbox and additional tools and resources for Teacher Pipeline Project grantees to use to evaluate their specific programs, as well as provide direct support through workshops and individual technical assistance to the grantees. Analyze initial data and share findings with grantees.
- Advise on system-level, archival indicators for teacher preparation programs and RCSD, analyze archival data and prepare an initial report to inform policy and systemic changes. Pool together pilot evaluation data and analyze for cross-program findings, and share finding in periodic reports.
- Support the development of a robust Report Card and data management plan for the purposes of aligning and tracking student level interventions, monitoring performance accountability and measurement, and improving core community-wide outcomes within ROC the Future.
- Partner with RTF’s Communications Specialist, to develop and/or identify opportunities to share relevant data with the community.
Other duties as assigned
This position requires experience that is typically developed through a master’s degree in the social sciences with a statistics or qualitative focus or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Demonstrated experience presenting complex statistical information in ways that non-technical stakeholders, partners, and staff will understand. Must have a sound working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative educational research methods, and Results Based Accountability required.
- A demonstrated motivation and passion for improving educational outcomes of urban students.
- Experience with experimental and quasi-experimental design, regression analysis, predictive modeling, and non-parametric inferential statistics.
- Ability to use open-source statistical software such as R, and to learn new tools as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate data verbally, visually, and in writing to different audiences.
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Effective analytical and educational problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of StriveTogether network, Theory of Action, and the cradle to career framework
- Must be a team player who is responsive to and supportive of the needs of others.
- Holds an active NYS Driver’s License and has reliable, available transportation.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled