Senior Staff Assistant-Center for Human-aware AI (CHAI)
VP for Research
Center for Human-aware AI
Detailed Job Description
Please note-this is a part-time position-20 hours per week.
The Senior Staff Assistant will support the CHAI center operations, such as meetings, seminars, workshops, retreats, annual report, announcements, news items, budget tracking, and related tasks.
- Serves as point of contact for the center director and refers questions as needed.
- Schedules meetings and takes minutes.
- Organizes and plans events, such as retreats, seminars and workshops, including making travel arrangements, and dealing with logistics.
- Assists with creating and disseminates center materials, including annual reports, seminars, webpage updates, news stories, newsletters, news briefs and event listings.
- Assists with budget updates and tracking.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Rochester Institute of Technology is a diverse and collaborative community of engaged, socially conscious, and intellectually curious minds. Through creativity and innovation, and an intentional blending of technology, the arts and design, we provide exceptional individuals with a wide range of academic opportunities, including a leading research program and an internationally recognized education for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring.
As a member of the RIT community, you'll receive a comprehensive employee benefits package that offers multiple options and access to additional employment advantages. You can tailor your benefit elections to meet your needs (affordable medical/dental/vision benefits; paid vacation/sick time/retirement saving plan with exceptional employer match; and tuition assistance for you and your family, to name a few).
CHAI (Center for Human-aware AI) Center
To improve the quality of human life with breakthrough research in AI and to comprehensively equip future AI practitioners and scientists.
The CHAI mission is to:
- Conduct transformative research on computing systems capable of tasks that ordinarily require human intelligence or enable humans to perform effectively.
- Work toward the development of AI systems that are continually learning, trustworthy, and capable of solving complex tasks with minimal resources.
CHAI’s goal is to propel RIT forward in the following ways:
- Advance research in AI
- Grow AI research output and investment at scale
- Be a magnet for attracting top-tier faculty and graduate students in AI
- Increase collaboration within RIT
- Position RIT to participate in AI’s Grand Challenges
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- Two years of office or administrative support experience.
- Knowledge of software for creating documents and working with budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to create high quality documents, such as annual reports. Experience with updating webpages and professional posting on social media.
Required Application Documents
Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae or Resume, List of References
How To Apply
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number.
The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources.RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the work place. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities.RIT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities under the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the New York Human Rights Law, or similar applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to your application for employment at RIT, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to Careers@rit.edu.