WHO WE ARE
Baldwin Richardson Foods, Co. is a global manufacturer of custom food and beverage ingredients and one of the largest African American family-owned and-operated businesses in the food industry. The Company has strong supply relationships with some of the world’s largest Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) and Food Service customers. Iconic, global food brands entrust Baldwin Richardson Foods as their partner to deliver the highest quality products that exceed industry standards. The Company also manufactures and markets Mrs. Richardson’s Ice Cream Toppings and Nance’s Mustards and Condiments. This role will be based in our Macedon, NY facility.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
The business goals of this co-op would be to assist the Operations Performance Manager(s) in conducting testing, increasing overall equipment effectiveness, yield initiatives, etc. for multiple lines in our Macedon, NY facility.
Specifically, you will be:
- Working with cross functional teams to improve line performance.
- Creating new processes to reduce downtime and improve product yield.
- Applying knowledge you gain on the operation of our manufacturing lines to develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Job Breakdown Worksheets (JBW), and supporting training documents.
- Assisting in applying 5 Sigma to a manufacturing environment undergoing a continuous improvement transformation.
SKILLS YOU’LL DEVELOP
The goal of this co-op is to help students gain experience in a manufacturing environment and further develop their project management and leadership skills.
- Strengthening troubleshooting skills surrounding mechanical systems
- Improve project management skills by working with engineers and OPMs to revamp production equipment.
- Refine data analysis skills and their applicability to drive continuous improvement decision making.
- Apply technical documentation skills.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL NEED
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s in various programs related to Engineering or Manufacturing
- Minimum of completion of two years of program (must be going into 3rd or 4th year).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work autonomously, as questions and seek information.
- Strong oral and written communication as well as interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Due to SQF regulations, fluency in written and verbal, in the English language.
The pay range for this role is on average $22.00 per hour. Your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Read more about who we are at:
www.brfoods.com or www.linkedin.com/company/baldwin-richardson-foods