Job Title: Lead, Software Engineer - AWS Cloud Networking
Job Code: SAS20212411-73319
Job Location: Suitland, MD; Melbourne, FL; or Rochester, NY
Experienced AWS cloud networking engineer to support the porting and redesign of the GOES-R Ground Segment to the cloud as part of a large sustainment and modernization of NOAA ground systems. GOES-R is the operational satellite weather system providing 400,000 western hemisphere weather products every day. The position will be developing high performance, high reliability, cost-optimized cloud networking and cloud system networking. The position will function as a part of a cloud architecture team to design, develop, and put into operations an AWS based ground system for GOES-R. The position will collaborate on the overall system architecture with special focus on network architectures and designs for moving high volume, real time satellite weather data streams from on premises into the cloud, through product processing, and delivery to cloud and on-premises users.
- Function as a part of an experienced cloud architecture team to develop an optimal network architecture for redesigning and moving the ground system to the cloud (not a lift and shift effort).
- Help to ensure that real time data flow performance is achieved with near zero data losses.
- Design network architecture that supports high availability of the system.
- Design network error detection and failover features to help achieve high availability.
- Optimize the cloud spend while meeting other objectives to reduce lifecycle costs.
- Design network architecture to ensure NIST security requirements are met.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with at least 9 years of software development experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- AWS cloud network design experience.
- On-premises network design experience.
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- AWS GovCloud experience is beneficial.
- Satellite sensor data processing experience is beneficial.
- AI / ML experience is a plus.
- Atlassian tool suite (such as Jira) and /or DevSecOps.
- Development experience with Agile.