Job Title: Optic Fabrication CNC Manufacturing Engineer
Job Code: SAS20212009-69643
Job Location: Rochester, NY
L3Harris in Rochester, NY is looking for an Engineer to support CNC generation of large optical components. Primary responsibility is to provide manufacturing support to CNC fabrication work center. Activities include evaluation of optic designs, planning and execution of work, and implementing process improvements.
- Planning, writing, and executing manufacturing instructions.
- Participating in the evaluation, analysis, and improvement of CNC optic fabrication processes.
- Investigate, analyze, and solve problems.
- Establish tooling and fixturing requirements.
- Provide estimates to complete manufacturing operations.
- Work within a cross-functional team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or graduate degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFM/DFMA).
- Strong mechanical aptitude and general understanding of manufacturing and assembly techniques.
- Experience with CNC code generation software applications.
- Previous experience with glass, ceramics and or composite materials.
- Basic understanding and application of geometric dimension and tolerancing (GD&T).
Demonstrate appropriate computer knowledge in basic Microsoft Office software applications