WHO WE ARE
Baldwin Richardson Foods, Co. is a global manufacturer of custom food and beverage ingredients and one of the largest African-American family-owned and-operated businesses in the food industry. The Company has strong supply relationships with some of the world’s largest Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) and Food Service customers. Iconic, global food brands entrust Baldwin Richardson Foods as their partner to deliver the highest quality products that exceed industry standards. The Company also manufactures and markets Mrs. Richardson’s Ice Cream Toppings and Nance’s Mustards and Condiments. Baldwin Richardson Foods has manufacturing locations in Macedon, NY and Williamson, NY; Corporate Offices in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and Food Innovation Center Westmont, IL. This role works in both our Macedon and Williamson, NY facilities.
WHAT WE NEED
The Employee Relations Specialist is the trusted partner for employee relations issues and concerns including conducting investigations, thorough documentation, providing recommendations to leaders, gaining required approvals, and ensuring thorough and timely resolution of issues. The role will provide consultation and support on HR and employee relations topics including performance management concerns, progressive discipline, policy interpretation, and labor laws. BRF’s HR team is cohesive and collaborative and as such, all members must be able to answer basic employee questions and concerns, and when necessary, redirect them to the appropriate team member.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Act as lead on labor and employee relations matters including routine workplace investigations, policy and issue resolution, performance management concerns, employee separations, including all communication to employees, managers, and leadership.
- Proactively engage at all levels in the organization to support a 24/7, multi-plant operation, to include regularly working off-shift (early mornings or evenings) to support 2nd and 3rd shifts. Comes onsite off-hours as needed for investigations and incidents.
- Collaborates with other HR advisor team members, HRBP, or legal counsel on complex or escalated issues including FMLA, ADA and FLSA issues.
- On a weekly basis, will work out of our Williamson facility to provide coverage for HR office and/or for specific meetings with supervisors and employees.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Participates in team or company-wide projects and initiatives in support of various functional areas across HR to include data management, audits, open enrollment, and others as needed
- Collaborates within HR to achieve best results as a team.
- Provides backup to other team members in instances of absences.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s (B.A./B.S.) in business administration, human resources or related field strongly preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in:
- Working with and applying employment & labor laws throughout the U.S.
- Managing conflict resolution in the workplace, formal training preferred.
- Coaching & counseling frontline supervisors.
- Ability to analyze data, develop and prepare standard and ad hoc reports, and present findings with conclusions, responses, and recommendations to HR and business leaders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions that take into consideration the needs of the business while minimizing risk.
- Effective at balancing multiple priorities, simultaneously, including a high-volume workload and time sensitive issues as they arise; ability to constantly reprioritize.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to confidently interface with a variety of stakeholders, developing and maintaining positive working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions that takes into consideration the needs of the business while minimizing risk.
- Ability to act with uncompromising integrity, professionalism, and cultural awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Customer service skills including exceptional interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Due to SQF regulations, all employees must be able to fluently read, write, and converse in the English language.
At BRF, base pay is one part of our total compensation package, and is determined within a range.
The base pay range for this role is between $68,000 and $75,000 annually. Your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
You'll also receive a comprehensive benefits package including low premium and out of pocket cost medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k with company match, generous sick and vacation time, 9 paid holidays, birthday and floating holidays, volunteer time and more!
Read more about who we are at:
www.brfoods.com or www.linkedin.com/company/baldwin-richardson-foods