Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Health Equity Prog Support Ofc
Represents the Health Equity Program Support Office (HEPSO) by acting as resource for inquiries, both internal and external concerning the program and its implementation throughout the UR Medicine System. Plans and arranges for regular meetings, special events, including arrangements for facilities, equipment and other required resources. Independently provides communications assistance to the program including data management, SharePoint, Agenda and minutes management, PowerPoint support and additional information management and communications as required. Independently prioritizes and manages the office, time and calendar for the HEPSO Management Team (Program Administrator, Program Managers, and program team meeting scheduling needs). Serves as a highly functional and independent program resource for general administrative support as needed, involves making independent judgments and decisions in order to satisfy inquiries for all division staff and faculty in a timely manner, sometimes on tight turnaround times with impending deadlines. Analyzes situations, interprets data and makes independent decisions affecting the outcome, and re-directs to others when appropriate. This requires patience and an understanding of the Medical Center and Enterprise wide policies. Prepares and coordinates numerous complex schedules.
Demonstrates ICARE* values in each of the major responsibilities.
- (35%) Manages the HEPSO administrative operations, balancing competing priorities and demands.
- Frequently interacts with executive leadership and representatives from internal departments and programs as well as regional safety net health care organizations. Oversight for meeting coordination & problem resolution. Professional appearance/demeanor and strong written and verbal communication skills are critical. Independently resolves and responds to all program related requests in a timely, efficient, and customer focused manner. Analyzes data, resources to interpret need and priority and resolves issues assigned by Project Directors and keeps leadership apprised of decisions and status.
- In addition to administrative management of a highly complex program this position requires substantial judgment and independent decision making as exemplified by:
- Gather information independently and interpret resources in order to assist Program Directors to prioritize major activities, involving timelines by communicating with groups and faculty to assist with specific tasks (e.g., reports) in specified timeframes. Create and generating regular reports by collecting and processing data and information and interpreting the information to effectively communicate information. Setting, following up, and evaluating the progress of specific tasks and programs. Help faculty and staff to identify priority activities for timely on deadline completion.
- (25%) Coordinates the flow of information within the program assuring that all partners and stakeholders are kept well informed as demonstrated by independently creating communications and disseminating data/info
- Liaison across departments and divisions to coordinate and manage project teams
- Assists with presentation development via PowerPoint.
- Maintains agenda and minutes for Program meetings.
- Assists with Database Management & Data Analysis.
- (25%) Coordinates day-to-day administrative operations of the HEPSO .
- Assists and coordinates hiring on-boarding for all new employees within the office.
- Coordinates the needs of office space, asset management and purchasing of new equipment and supplies.
- Provides advanced administrative support to the HEPSO Leadership Team. Independently coordinates and manages events and meetings for the HEPSO Leadership and Project Teams.
- Anticipates needs and determines schedules for planning/preparation time needed prior to meetings and deadlines.
- Researches, prepares and organizes background information for business meetings.
- Independently oversees all arrangements for business meetings and events sponsored by UR Medicine Team including securing onsite / offsite location; presentation materials; IT requirements; catering; reservations etc.
- Coordinates and provides information on all travel for Directors and Managers, including processing expense reports.
- Performs University/HEPSO’s operations e.g. financial forms, policy, payroll, HRMS, etc.
- Maintains knowledge about University systems (HRMS, MyPath, SharePoint, URGEMS, and eRecord).
- (15%) Under the direction of Program Administrator manage and track the components of HEPSO and reports within the program. Program work is highly complex and requires understanding of the content of the projects, the key personnel, timelines, structure of reports, financial issues and budgetary needs, etc. The work on these activities requires incredibly high level of detail as well as constant judgments and decisions, including:
- Act as an empowered and effective point of communication for all internal and external partners during the process.
- Provides administrative support to Administrative Director for multiple, complex, and detailed reporting submissions, both electronically and hard copy.
- Upload and reviews submissions for proper formatting, etc. per the sponsor requirements. Work with program team members to correct errors and ensure that reports are submitted within sponsor deadlines.
- Matching needs of program components with resources.
- Writing and editing and revising components of reports and communications, taking from a lot of materials and honing down to required content format (e.g. reporting templates).
- Communicating between faculty, staff and program leadership team, and often many other departments working under a strict timeline and regulations while paying strict attention to program operations.
Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, proficiency and ability to learn new software or skills within a Windows based environment (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint); ability to handle multiple priorities; strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment essential. Must possess exceptional judgment and ability to learn the needs of different components of the UR Medicine Enterprise. Work independently with minimal guidance. Demonstrates efficiency in prioritizing assignments, skill in proactively resolving problems and recommending and implementing continuous quality improvement and strong organizational skills. Strong oral and written communications skills are essential. Ability to multi-task required. Demonstrates accuracy, grammatically correct documentation in all correspondence.
College graduation or an equivalent combination of experience and training. Two years of relevant administrative experience. Three to five years administrative experience preferred.
Program Coordinator, Health Equity Program Support Office (HEPSO)
Training / Certification Expectations:
This position requires an annual re-certification in HIPAA awareness and annual renewal of an iCARE Commitment contract.
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion to advance the University’s mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create – and Make the World Ever Better. In support of our values and those of our society, the University is committed to not discriminating on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to the administration of our policies, admissions, employment, access, and recruitment of candidates from underrepresented populations, veterans, and persons with disabilities consistent with these values and government contractor Affirmative Action obligations.
*For more on the ICARE values go to: http://intranet.urmc-sh.rochester.edu/patient-experience/patient-centered-care/icare-values.asp
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled