Bausch + Lomb (NYSE/TSX: BLCO) is a leading global eye health company dedicated to protecting and enhancing the gift of sight for millions of people around the world—from the moment of birth through every phase of life. Our mission is simple, yet powerful: helping you see better, to live better.
Our comprehensive portfolio of over 400 products is fully integrated and built to serve our customers across the full spectrum of their eye health needs throughout their lives. Our iconic brand is built on the deep trust and loyalty of our customers established over our nearly 170-year history. We have a significant global research, development, manufacturing and commercial footprint of approximately 12,500 employees and a presence in approximately 100 countries , extending our reach to billions of potential customers across the globe. We have long been associated with many of the most significant advances in eye health, and we believe we are well positioned to continue leading the advancement of eye health in the future.
Work schedule: 12 hours - 6:00 pm - 6:00 am
Objective: Safely Operate highly automated and technical equipment and machines in all phases of the contact lens manufacturing process in accordance with all standard operating procedures and cGMP/FDA regulations and requirements.
- Safely operate highly automated and technical contact lens manufacturing equipment from multiple equipment vendors in all phases of the contact lens manufacturing process. May be responsible for any part of the manufacturing process including the manufacturing of the contact lens, packaging and inspection, in-process lens inspection and audit, sterilization etc.
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with all established work instructions, SOP’s, and procedures. May provide written input to the continuous improvement of procedures for troubleshooting and operation.
- Independently identify, diagnose, correct, and document process trends, faults and problems. Utilize complex and detailed troubleshooting procedures to determine the best course of action for maximizing reliability of complex automation.
- Responsible for proper communication of troubleshooting activities.
- Perform in process quality inspections utilizing inspection tools, including visual inspection, to assess product quality.
- Ensure all quality procedures are followed. Understand and accurately complete documentation to ensure compliant quality records.
- Escalate issues to Team Leader/Group Leader, maintenance, or engineer. As needed, interface directly with support personnel regarding operational and technical issues.
- Ensure compliance with established quality standards, test schedules maintenance schedules, and production schedules.
- Provide feedback to Team Leader/Group Leader for daily production reports (shift logs) to include shift performance, shift accomplishments, and ongoing issues. As needed, responsible for coordinating the creation of shift logs, writing, and distributing.
- Responsible for reviewing production reports and shift logs for understanding of process events that occur outside of assigned work hours.
- As needed, perform corrective and preventative maintenance of equipment in cooperation with the plant maintenance team and other shifts.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment. Support, encourage, and participate in team related activities (production meetings, in-service training, shift crossover, etc.).
- As needed, train co-workers on new procedures and position requirements.
- Rotate and cross train in different areas of the manufacturing process.
- Follow all safety procedures and practices.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree or technical certifications in related field (electrical, mechanical, engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 2 or more years related manufacturing experience. Equivalent combination of education, technical certifications/trainings, and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated understanding of troubleshooting.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction.
- Basic computer skills and willingness to learn new applications and programs.
- Shift flexibility and the ability to work overtime.
We offer competitive salary & excellent benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Eye Health, Disability and Life Insurance begins on your hire date.
- 401K Plan with company match and ongoing company contribution.
- Paid time off – vacation (3 weeks - prorated upon hire), floating holidays and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company match.
- Employee Incentive Bonus.
- Tuition Reimbursement (select degrees).
- Ongoing performance feedback and annual compensation review.
As required by New York State's pay transparency bill, Bausch + Lomb provides a good faith minimum and maximum salary range of compensation for roles that can or will be performed, in New York State. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For New York State, the range of starting hourly pay for this role is $18.00 – $24.00 per hour.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms.
To learn more please read Bausch+Lomb's Job Offer Fraud Statement.
Our Benefit Programs: https://www.bausch.com/careers/benefits/.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.