The Sr Director, Global Total Rewards will provide overall strategic oversight and guidance for the company's approach to global compensation, benefits, equity, and wellness programs. The Sr Director will develop and implement global compensation programs including salary, bonus, and equity plans, as well as global benefit and wellness programs. The Sr Director, Global Total Rewards should possess senior-level experience developing compensation philosophies for publicly traded companies with complex and matrixed organizational structures. Ideal candidates will have a proven history of influencing executive leadership with a combination of deep subject matter expertise, relationship-building abilities, and a passion for creating programs that contribute to a great company culture. As a champion for workplace excellence, the ideal candidate will have robust management and leadership experience having directly built, managed, and coached a team.
- General Employee Compensation Process & Policies
- Review current compensation programs; lead the proposal, development, and implementation of necessary changes to align with Paychex’s growing, global business
- Develop job architecture and career pathing across Paychex and within our businesses, considering the uniqueness of each business unit
- Lead successful annual compensation planning including the execution of base salary, bonus, awards and all related communications and administration
- Provide thought leadership to business units on compensation issues including new hire packages, performance recognition, incentive plans, retention arrangements and compensation structure
- In partnership with HR and Finance, establish compensation budgets and guidelines for global locations Establish and maintain alignment between performance management and succession planning processes and pay programs
- Design commission, sales incentive and other variable compensation plans as required for changing business demands and operating model Executive Compensation
- Oversee design and administration of stock compensation plans with a focus on retention and meaningful rewards, balanced with fiduciary responsibility
- In partnership with legal counsel, coordinate preparation of executive compensation disclosure information required in the proxy statement’s Compensation Discussion and Analysis Global Benefits Programs
- Lead the design, annual planning, and implementation of the company’s global benefit programs, including health and welfare, 401(k)/retirement, voluntary benefits and wellness initiatives
- Establish standard policies for administration and communication of all benefit programs
- Oversee Retirement Committee (401(k)) meetings and appropriate documentation of decisions and plan changes adopted Critical Skills
- Extensive technical knowledge of all aspects of Total Rewards globally
- Proven track record of delivering compensation and benefit strategies
- Leadership experience in a large, global publicly traded company. Experience working with best practices and knowledgeable of industry trends
- Proven, influential leadership skills
- Smart, creative, compelling, driven. Not afraid to lead others past their comfort zone(s). Creates a sense of urgency and is energized by speed
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders; consultative and collaborative style that allows for influence without authority
- Ability to operate and thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Lead the design, annual planning, and administration of the company’s global benefit programs, including absence management, health and welfare, 401(k)/retirement, and well-being programs.
- Extraordinary communication skills – both verbal and written
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or related field preferred; MBA a plus - Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Compensation and Benefits focus on fast growing workforce; preferably gained while working for a global publicly traded organization.