Responsible for identifying and developing opportunities to improve company internal controls and processes as well as enhance the Internal Audit and Advisory Service (IAAS) activities. As a trusted business advisor, complete operational audits and advisory services that create value and minimize risk, and work with business owners to identify opportunities for the use of data analytics and insights. Lead the development lifecycle of new data analytics to support business objectives Responsible for auditing internal financial, IT, and operational controls and procedures to assist management in its assessment of the effectiveness of the company’s internal controls over financial reporting.
- Effectively manage audit projects from planning through reporting, focusing on continuous improvement and results with a sense of urgency.
- Lead process walk through meetings with management and take responsibility for auditing certain processes and the related internal controls to assist management in its assessment of the design and effectiveness of the Company´s internal controls over financial reporting in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- Develop, lead and execute advisory and operational projects to drive continuous improvement through assessing the design and effectiveness of controls and processes as well as generating recommendations that add value.
- Direct and review the work of Auditors and provide consistent and meaningful feedback on applicable projects.
- Develop strategies to test the design and effectiveness of internal controls to meet the objectives of the IAAS team, including developing and executing audit programs and testing procedures in accordance with internal audit professional standards to fulfill the mandates of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Testing includes manual controls, IT Automated Controls and IT General Controls.
- Understand and apply data analytics in auditing and risk identification.
- Prepare and analyze information for data analytics, including locating, profiling, cleansing, extracting, mapping, importing, transforming, validating, and modeling data.
- Lead the development of data analytics and continuous control monitoring programs to identify insights and risks.
- Prepare or review accurate, logical and detailed workpapers clearly describing the work performed, test results and conclusions reached.
- Conduct a root cause analysis to help management identify corrective actions for audit issues (e.g., gaps in the design or execution of controls, gaps in the risk management process or lack of adherence to existing policies).
- Prepare audit reports to include findings from the execution of advisory or operational projects that will be formally distributed among relevant stakeholders, including executive management. These reports should be prepared by using existing templates and should include the observations, associated risks and recommendations that add value.
- Follow up with control or process owners to ensure that opportunity areas reported in compliance, operational and advisory reports are resolved in a timely manner through acceptable solutions.
- Think critically and strategically, understanding the risks and impact of controls.
- Research and compile data and best practices relating to specific audit projects and general audit trends. Leverage insights and understanding of the Company in identifying risks and potential areas for audit.
- During advisory projects or as part of proactive business partnering, provide guidance on the design of internal controls and processes to improve their effectiveness and the overall control environment.
- For SOX projects, work in a coordinated way with the external auditor on the definition of key risks, validation strategies, documentation, results, deliverables and continuous feedback on key financial controls.
- Interact with Company management and key personnel to build or maintain ongoing business relationships by utilizing strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Travel requirement: 10-20%; trips of typically two weeks, potentially three weeks’ duration.
- Bachelor’s degree (major in Accounting or Finance) or equivalent required; MBA preferred; CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA highly desirable
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting or similar industry experience with a concentration in accounting and finance (manufacturing environment preferred)
- Experience in the consulting and advisory services of Finance
- Experience working with SAP S/4HANA application a plus
- Experience with coding, basic logic, and/or SQL
- Strong knowledge of finance controls and audit principles and techniques
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and business processes
- Strong understanding of ETL processes and data pipelines
- Experience developing and applying data analytics (e.g., Tableau, Power BI or ACL) to identify insights and risks across technical, operational and financial areas
- Proficiency in financial aspects of internal auditing
- Familiarity with current best practices and auditing processes, such as risk assessment, monitoring, and self-assessment
- Strong knowledge of internal control concepts, principles, and techniques, including COSO frameworks
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting, working at desk and personal computer for extended periods of time
- Primary work environment is professional corporate office
- Ability to travel commercially
LocationVictor, New York
Job TypeFull time
Job AreaFinance & Accounting
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).