Founded in 1856, Harris Beach and its subsidiaries provide a full range of legal and professional services for clients across New York state, as well as nationally and internationally. Harris Beach is among the country’s top law firms as ranked by The National Law Journal. Clients include Fortune 100 corporations, privately-held companies, emerging businesses, public sector entities, not-for-profit organizations and individuals. Principal industries Harris Beach represents include education, energy, financial, food and beverage, health care, insurance, manufacturing, medical and life sciences, real estate developers, and state and local governments and authorities. The firm’s more than 200 lawyers practice among offices throughout New York state in Albany, Buffalo, Ithaca, New York City, Rochester, Saratoga Springs, Syracuse, Uniondale, Washington, D.C. and White Plains, as well as in New Haven, Connecticut and Newark, New Jersey.
Location: Rochester, NY (Hybrid remote opportunity)
Description: Harris Beach seeks an associate to assist with all types of business and commercial litigation to support our growing business.
- Represent our clients in courtroom and mediation/arbitration proceedings
- Take and defend depositions
- Research various factual and legal issues and collaborate with senior attorneys about strategies
- Draft memoranda, pleadings, discovery demands and responses, motions, briefs, etc.
- Examinations of records and transactions underlying business disputes and investigations as to potential client claims
Salary information below will vary depending upon relevant experience for the position and geographic locations.
- 3-7+ years’ experience in large, complex commercial litigation matters required
- Admission to NYS bar (or ability to waive in)
- Exceptionally strong writing skills are required
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated high level organizational skills for prioritizing workload
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, process and understand, new information rapidly
- Must be able to manage competing priorities
- Maintains high standards of performance
- Exhibits conscientiousness, dedication, self-discipline, and a sense of responsibility
- Must have a professional, cooperative, positive and flexible attitude
- Ability to work with diverse personalities within various levels of the organization
- Military experience welcome
Harris Beach is committed to an inclusive environment and we welcome applications from diverse candidates. Harris Beach PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The firm’s policy prohibiting unlawful discrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, placement, assignment of duties, training, promotion, compensation & benefits and termination. It is the policy of Harris Beach PLLC that all applicants and employees enjoy a positive, respectful and productive work environment, free from behavior, actions or language constituting unlawful harassment. Accordingly, harassment or discrimination of any kind based on an individual’s race or color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition, carrier status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, creed, domestic violence victim status or any other legally protected status is strictly prohibited. Harris Beach complies with the provisions of the Human Rights Law, all other State and Federal statutory and constitutional non-discrimination provisions including non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.