Evaluate and determine the credit risks of commercial clients through detailed financial statement analysis, industry assessment, collateral valuation, cash flow analysis and the ability to repay annual debt service.
- Thorough understanding of the following critical analysis-related factors: complex credit, transaction and capital structures; complex organizational structures; most forms and constructs of loan documentation; advanced accounting and applied finance; most major industry and business operating models and applicable analysis approaches; and collateral types and collateral assessment methodologies.
- Displays deep understanding of financial regulatory environment as it applies to underwriting most forms of commercial credit transactions.
- In-depth knowledge of personal computers and related software programs, including Moody’s Risk Analyst, Microsoft Office suite, with excellent Excel and Word skills required, including excellent financial modeling proficiency.
- Ability to assist in the management of the department in the Manager’s absence.
- Responsible for the training of junior/newly hired Credit Analysts.
- Review all pertinent credit and financial information, including, but not limited to, financial statements, tax returns, due diligence reports, credit bureaus, appraisals, internal credit information, industry research and peer data.
- Determine the need for more thorough investigation or additional information, and coordinate gathering of such information.
- Spread financial statements and prepare advanced financial models designed to sensitize various conditions impacting the proposed transaction.
- Analyze financial information and related materials, and complete the credit analyses for the Bank’s commercial transactions. Analyses to include risk rating of credit and compilation of accurate PD rationales. Written analyses to include well-supported identification of and description of risks and mitigants of respective deals.
- Present analysis or address questions during credit request discussions or committee presentations, as requested.
- As requested, participate in the structuring of loan requests, where appropriate, to include suggestions on terms, conditions, controls, collateral and guarantors.
- Monitor credit policy compliance by verifying adherence to the Commercial Credit Policy, and commenting on any risk associated with non-compliance.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
OR in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 9 years higher education and/or work experience
Minimum 5 years’ prior experience in complex credit underwriting,specialty underwriting or other complex financial analysis role.