Job no: 496023
SUNY Budget Title: Admissions Advisor
Salary Level/Grade: SL3
Work type: Full time
Department: Enrollment Mgt and Student Affairs
Categories: Management & Professional
Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
SUNY Brockport invites applications for current and anticipated openings for Admissions Advisors. Successful candidates will support recruitment, admissions application processing, interviewing and general advisement activities.
- Bachelor's degree by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Demonstrated speaking ability in both individual and very large group settings, analytical thinking, and creative problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a flexible working schedule including frequent nights and weekends.
- Must have a valid/clean driver's license in order to rent and operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to work effectively with students, public, college community and external constituencies, with an appreciation for cultural and group differences.
- One to three years previous admissions, enrollment and/or student recruitment experience.
- Experience with higher education admission CRM such as Slate and/or comprehensive student data system such as Banner.
37.5 hours/week, 8-4, M-F
Salary and Benefits:
May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your cover letter that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.