With more than 2,200 employees and 13 manufacturing facilities worldwide, Gleason Corporation is a leader in gear technology. Gleason's product and service offerings include gear and transmission design software, gear manufacturing machines and related accessories, gear metrology equipment and automation systems. Gleason products are used by customers in e-mobility, commercial vehicles, aerospace, agriculture, mining, sustainable energy, construction, power tools, marine and many other industries
Working for Gleason, you will be connected to work that matters, putting your expertise to its best use while developing skills for the future. The result is a career defined by you, supported by Gleason and built on tangible accomplishments. As we continue to grow and evolve, we are looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you are interested in being part of our team, there are a few things you should know: We are energized by challenges and the effort needed to solve them. We like working with people who are positive, adaptable and growth-minded. We care how work gets accomplished and are deeply invested in the success of our customers and colleagues. If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on and learn more.
Why work at Gleason?
- Excellent benefits package including a 6% Company 401(k) match
- Flexible scheduling
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Formal and informal Development opportunities.
This position is based within the North Central sales region, primarily MI with possibility for other states to be included. This position reports to the Director Sales – USA & Canada. The role entails management of all sales activities including direct selling and other business processes associated with managing the territory. A strong connection between customers, senior management, and Gleason manufacturing sites is required.
- Promotion, negotiation and sale of all Gleason Corporation products and services with primary focus on cutting tools and work holding equipment
- Complete territory management
- Development and implementation of strategic sales plans to grow Gleason’s market share
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships through regular face-to-face customer visits and interactions
- Extensive travel required
- Proactive analysis of customer needs and issues; utilizing formalized problem solving techniques to drive continuous improvement activities
- Assists sales management in planning, establishment of goals, selling strategies, and market planning activities
- Detailed pre-sales and post-sales follow-up including reporting requirements
- Communication of customer’s needs to Gleason (VOC)
- Support of the business plans of our manufacturing sites and the Corporation, including meeting booking goals
- Willingness to relocate (relocation assistance may be provided)
- Must be self-directed and a self-starter
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong organizational, management, and communication skills
Desired Skills, Experience and Education
- Field sales and marketing experience
- Technical background and experience
- High degree of computer literacy
- Demonstrates business management experience and skill
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Engineering, Business, Marketing, etc.)
- Knowledge of cylindrical and bevel gear manufacturing
- Knowledge of Gleason Corporation technologies, processes, products and services
- Strong Presentation Skills
The salary range in this posting depends on qualifications and experience. Actual compensation may vary, and this job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on relevant experience, qualifications/education, and other factors including work schedule, shift premiums, and overtime.
Gleason is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to age, disability, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, victim of domestic violence status, arrest or conviction record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that would need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employees are required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their manager or supervisor.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an all inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements or duties and responsibilities does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.