Assistant Service Manager
Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
What does an Assistant Service Manager do at CNB?
At CNB, an Assistant Service Manager is a key member of our customer service team within the branch network. The Assistant Service Manager supports the Service Manager with running the Teller line in their assigned branch. Our bank is woven into the very fabric of our region because we live, work, and play where our customers do. As a Teller at CNB you are the face of our bank, building, growing, and retaining relationships. For us, each customer relationship is an extension of our CNB family.
This role is expected to operate as a Teller at an advanced level by providing and modeling quality customer service by being friendly and courteous while answering customers’ questions. As you build relationships the opportunities to make recommendations based on our wide range of competitive banking options will naturally arise. This needs-based approach to our personal service builds long-lasting relationships, ones not measured in years but in generations.
This role is also on the front lines of our fraud and risk management efforts as well as the training of new Teller staff members.
What competencies are needed to be successful in this role?
- Able to perform all functions of a Teller independently.
- High level of organizational skills to assist with coordination of daily work tasks with Teller personnel.
- Attention to detail in order to perform more advanced duties with regards to branch operations.
- Ability to assist with coaching and training of Teller staff. This includes product knowledge, technical proficiency and the CNB referral program.
What does a successful first year in this position look like?
- Become proficient enough in branch processes to backup the Service Manager in their absence.
- Continue to learn about CNB products and services.
- Develop leadership skills necessary to coach and train Teller staff members.
- Perform all aspects of the Teller role at the highest level.
What makes working at CNB different?
At CNB, we are Investing in You. Our strong corporate culture is based upon seven Core Values: Honesty and Integrity, Responsibility, Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Professionalism, and Commitment. Our culture nurtures passionate employees and offers great rewards including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA options for both part-time and full-time employees, including domestic partners.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time.
- Retirement benefits that include a 401(k), Profit Sharing, and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Training & Development Opportunities.
- Tuition Assistance.
- Volunteer Opportunities.
- Award Winning Wellness program that promotes a solid work/life balance.
- Banking perks and discount programs.
Our goal is to ensure that our bank, employees, and our community thrive and grow, now and for the next 125 years. We're in it for the long haul. What truly sets us apart from other financial institutions is the quality and commitment of our employees. We've assembled a diverse team of people who share a primary focus: to provide exceptional service for our customers.
As an organization, we are committed to hiring, training, developing, promoting, and celebrating employees from historically disadvantaged groups. At CNB, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, education, and culture.
As the only local, full-service, community-owned financial institution in the Rochester area, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust is Investing in You. If you want to be a part of something special, join us today!
Canandaigua National Corporation and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.