Full Time 40 hours Grade 057 Ofc Sr Vice President & CFO
8 AM-5 PM
This role is responsible for managing certain projects as assigned by the Senior Vice President, Administration & Finance and CFO (“SRVP & CFO”) by designing, implementing and leading the structure necessary to achieve all project goals in a timely manner. The Director will collaborate with leaders within Administration & Finance (“A&F”), as well as across the University on projects and initiatives both short-term and long-term. The Director will be part of the A&F management team and will assist in identifying and prioritizing projects based on the University and A&F strategic plans and/or objectives of the SRVP & CFO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role operates under the general direction of the SRVP &CFO with input from the A&F leadership and significant latitude for independent judgment and action.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP (80%)
The Director is charged with providing the leadership for projects already identified by the SRVP & CFO as well as working with the SRVP & CFO and A&F Management team to identify opportunities that increase operational excellence and/or assist in achieving annual A&F goals and objectives. As an experienced project manager, the Director will be responsible for managing all parts of the identified projects in coordination with the functional managers including developing project objectives, budgets, timelines, communication plans and lead steering committees and focus groups as appropriate. The Director may also make presentations to faculty, students, staff, senior leadership and board of trustees’ members depending on the project.
- A member of A&F leadership group participating in development of organizational objectives and priorities to ensure financial stability and growth of A&F’s role within the University.
- Lead collaboration on performance improvement as assigned by the SRVP & CFO. Function as key resource and spokesperson for operations excellence to the in the A&F Organization.
- Lead development of performance improvement programs to support collaboration with constituents in the University and in conjunction with leadership of these organizations.
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (20%)
The Director is accountable for ensuring that the performance improvement program in A&F is meeting the needs of the organization.
- Assist A&F management in the design, implementation and leadership of A&F’s performance improvement program creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop key metrics and dashboards to track progress.
- Assist in identifying roadblocks for success and developing action plans to move forward.
CORE COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree (MBA or other similar) or significance work experience with emphasis on operations and strategy.
- Experienced team leader with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role. Proven history of ability to lead and influence with both direct and indirect authority.
- Well-developed project management skills including expertise in change management and use of tools for evaluating existing work processes and recommending improvements in workflow.
- Experience related to rapid process improvement (RPI) such as LEAN and Six Sigma. Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Ability to view “big picture” and engage stakeholders from all areas of the organization in designing new systems for collaborative care and operational improvement
- Sophisticated analytic ability; able to determine best sources and metrics for ongoing measurement for key activities of the organization.
- Professional and effective presentation, written and oral communication skills. Comfortable presenting at internal conferences and representing the organization on panels.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with a natural ability to influence, direct and coach diverse groups
This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as required.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled