Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Must be flexible to meet current and future business needs.
As a member of Compliance, this position plays an integral role in safeguarding the wealth management firms, their reputations and the wealth management registered representatives, investment advisor representatives and associated persons. This role supports the overall compliance initiatives of the wealth management line of business ensuring compliance with 1) the policies and procedures of the referred broker-dealer, 2) the policies and procedures and applicable securities laws, rules and regulations for the entities under the wealth line of business.
Perform the day-to-day compliance as the principal delegate for the office of supervisory jurisdiction (“OSJ”) principal of ESL Investment Services’ referred broker-dealer, LPL Financial.
- Review and approve account transactions (account paperwork, account changes, address changes, trades, and post review of incoming/outgoing email) for completeness of documentation, suitability and best interest for the referred broker-dealer.
- Prepare for and Participate in the annual OSJ and non-OSJ branches audits performed by referred broker-dealer.
- Act as the liaison between ESL Investment Services employees and the referred broker-dealer’s compliance department.
- Prepare and submit branch and individual referred broker-dealer registration documentation in conjunction with that of the broker-dealer
- Act as resource for WMs, FCs, FSRs, Support Services staff and management concerning general compliance issues; act as a backup compliance contact for ESL FCU departments; and work on projects as needed and assigned by the Wealth Management Compliance Manager.
Perform the day-to-day compliance as primary delegate for ESL Investment Services, LLC’s Chief Compliance Officer in the maintenance of the broker/dealer’s overall compliance strategy and Cooper/Haims Advisors, LLC’s Chief Compliance Officer in the maintenance of the RIA’s overall compliance strategy to ensure the firms and their associated persons comply with all regulatory and firm policies and procedures.
- Review, approve, monitor and track outside business activities and personal securities transactions of associated persons.
- Review email and client correspondence for compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Perform the Firm’s Non-OSJ branch examinations and participate in the preparation of the annual financial audit by a CPA firm, audit performed by FINRA for the broker-dealer, various internal audits, and other regulatory examinations.
- Administer initial and amendment registration updates for the broker-dealer, registered investment advisor and insurance agency, as necessary.
- Act as backup to the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance officer
- Act as resource for employees and associated persons of the wealth line of business concerning general compliance issues; act as a backup compliance contact for ESL FCU departments; and work on projects as needed and assigned by the Wealth Management Compliance Manager.
Responsible for the review and execution of the Continuing Education and Training Programs of the broker-dealer and registered investment advisor.
- Review and execute the broker-dealer’s Continuing Education Needs Analysis and Training Plan
- Create and deliver the broker-dealer’s Annual Compliance Meeting and working with an outside CE vendor on creating a Firm Element training plan for the broker-dealer’s independent contractors.
- Deliver new hire compliance training.
- Responsible for monitoring completion of the regulatory and firm element of the broker-dealer and its’ registered representatives to ensure compliance with applicable securities laws, rules and regulations.
- Serves as the broker-dealer’s primary Continuing Education Contact for FINRA.
- Provide consistency in the Annual Compliance Meeting training between the broker-dealer and the registered investment advisor.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- A minimum of 5 years financial industry regulatory compliance experience with a strong, working knowledge of FINRA rules and regulations required
- FINRA Series 7, 24, and 63 or 66 licenses required
- NYS Life Insurance License preferred. If not licensed, the ability to achieve license within 6 months of hiring.
- FINRA Series 51 or 53 preferred
- General knowledge and understanding of broker-dealer operations preferred
- RIA Compliance knowledge preferred
- Must possess critical thinking, organizational and evaluative skills, attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills and problem-solving skills in situations where outcomes may be ambiguous
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work on diverse assignments independently or in a group.
- Ability to effectively and discretely communicate, disseminate and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information and records.
- Ability to develop positive and productive relationships with the sales and back-office staff.
- Demonstrates alignment with ESL’s Core Values, mission, vision, and Purpose to help our community thrive and prosper
We’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. ESL recognizes the importance of a culture that embraces diversity and values individual differences. We are committed to cultivating a diverse workforce at all levels that mirrors the communities we serve. We welcome applications from people with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We strive to create an inclusive, respectful and equitable environment, which makes ESL a great place to work!
225 Chestnut Street * Rochester, New York 14604 * 585.339.4475 * 800.814.5884
ESL Investment Services, LLC, member FINRA/ SIPC