Position Title: Talent Acquisition Specialist – Diversity & Campus
Reports To (Title): HR Manager
Department: Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
Purpose: The Talent Acquisition Specialist – Diversity & Campus is a key role contributing to Five Star Bank’s strategic talent, diversity, and culture initiatives. This role is responsible for select full lifecycle recruiting, as well as designing, developing, and implementing innovative talent sourcing and candidate experience using diversity and inclusion best practices. This team member will also play a key role in strategically designing and implementing Emerging Talent programs such as internship and campus recruitment programs for the enterprise.
Scope and Direction:
Area of Responsibility: Human Resources - Talent Acquisition
Degree of Supervision Received (Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): Minimal
Degree of Supervision Given (None, Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): None
Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Co-create, execute, and maintain diversity-inspired talent acquisition strategies and tactics growing the Five Star Bank brand and commitment to diverse representation.
2. Own select search and sourcing support for critical openings and talent needs, using various tools (i.e. ADP Applicant Tracking System, LinkedIn Recruiter, etc.) to identify and engage candidates and successfully fill roles.
3. Collaborate with business leaders and hiring managers to understand hiring needs and goals, and to develop, implement and execute proactive sourcing strategies that complement the talent planning within the functions.
4. Build and execute a campus hire and internship program, both partnering with the business to create the strategy, fostering strong relationships with colleges and career centers, and participating in recruiting events to represent Five Star Bank in the college community within our footprint.
5. Develop social media strategies to position Five Star Bank as an employer of choice and improve the overall candidate experience.
6. Utilize market research and analytics to understand sources of diverse talent and strategize different ways to build diverse pipelines.
7. Work with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community/college students and staff. Support community development and outreach efforts that are core to the Bank’s purpose.
8. Work independently and as part of a team. Analyze available talent data and create compelling and informed talent acquisition solutions..
9. Demonstrate the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank experience in every interaction with internal and external customers, associates, and stakeholders. Incorporate the high performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example, and service in every facet of work.
10. This job description is not exhaustive. The Talent Acquisition Specialist - Diversity & Campus may be required to perform other duties as assigned, including supporting other talent development and planning work that supports the business success.
Job-Related Qualifications - Education and Prior Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ Years Experience - Type: HR/Recruiting
1. Speaking in public and presenting information to large and small groups
2. Effective oral and written communication with internal leaders and external candidates.
3. Exercise good judgment in decision-making
4. Efficient in Microsoft Suite and Talent Acquisition tools such as an Applicant Tracking System and LinkedIn Recruiter.
1. Able to regularly sit for prolonged periods of time
2. Able to regularly stand for prolonged periods of time
3. Able to lift 20 lbs
4. Extensive computer usage is required
5. Ability to work
- Evenings - occasionally
- Weekends - occasionally
Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at (585) 786-4344, (585) 498 - 7565 or (585) 786-1417.
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants may be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing “any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense” unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.