Complete floor plan inventory audits, which are an essential component of credit line maintenance as they assist in identifying the level of risk and exposure associated with each credit line.
Location: This position does require travel back and forth between automobile dealerships. This position conducts physical inquiries/audits where dealerships store/house automobiles. The ideal candidate will live within the Buffalo, NY and Rochester, NY area.
- Complete floor plan inventory audits by physically inspecting the collateral as well as the dealer's books and records in reference to such collateral, including the sale, disposition and proceeds thereof.
- Inspect and analyze sale records to ensure that vehicles are paid off in accordance with the M&T Bank Floor Plan Agreement.
- Review ownership documentation for all units that are neither seen nor sold.
- Perform accurate and precise data entry using proprietary software.
- Print dealer reports and review for accuracy prior to distribution.
- Review the results of the audit with management and report any areas of risk, material variances to policy or negative perceptions prior to departure from the dealership.
- Perform other projects as requested by management.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The incumbent has constant interaction with automobile dealers in order to facilitate the exchange of information regarding floor plan audits and unpaid vehicles.
Education and Experience Required:
Associate's Degree plus one year relevant experience or previous collections, credit, accounting or audit experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined 3 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of one year relevant experience or previous collections, credit, accounting or audit experience.
Basic knowledge of personal computers.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Self-discipline and the ability to work independently as well as in a group is required.
Skilled at using critical and logical thinking to solve problems.
Ability to interact with various levels of bank and dealer personnel in a courteous and professional manner.
Ability to travel to dealerships.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Basic knowledge of software utilized by department.
Knowledge of dealer functions and related bank procedures.
Experience with Excel
Accounting backgroundM&T Bank is committed to fair, competitive, and market-informed pay for our employees. The pay range for this position is $18.00 - $26.20 Hourly (USD). The successful candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, and experience will inform their specific compensation.