WHO WE ARE
Baldwin Richardson Foods, Co. is a global manufacturer of custom food and beverage ingredients and one of the largest African-American family-owned and-operated businesses in the food industry. The Company has strong supply relationships with some of the world’s largest Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) and Food Service customers. Iconic, global food brands entrust Baldwin Richardson Foods as their partner to deliver the highest quality products that exceed industry standards. The Company also manufactures and markets Mrs. Richardson’s Ice Cream Toppings and Nance’s Mustards and Condiments. Baldwin Richardson Foods has manufacturing locations in Macedon, NY and Williamson, NY; Corporate Offices in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and Food Innovation Center Westmont, IL.
- This role is located at our Macedon, NY facility.
- This is a 1st Shift (Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm) role.
WHAT WE NEED
Works as a key contributor to support company objectives with respect to ensuring daily environmental compliance by operating the Wastewater Treatment plant within all normal specifications and standards. The position will proactively manage, monitor, and test the discharge of treated wastewater to ensure compliance with government regulations. Maintain wastewater operations equipment and area and support facilities operations. Perform and maintain environmental tracking as required by State and Local regulations. Help manage company goals and objectives with respect to Safety and Facilities up-keep.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Monitors the discharge of treated wastewater in a manner that maintains plant discharge parameters within permit levels.
- Maintains log of operations, processes data and records meter and gauge readings. Proactively analyzes data and brings forward conditions that need attention in order to maintain proper treatment plant operation.
- Must be able to work within the team to accurately communicate/document events so that others have the most effective information to solve problems.
- Executes and documents required storm water monitoring and archives required paperwork on or before the required dates.
- Collects water and sludge samples and performs laboratory analysis such as pH, turbidity, chlorine levels, fluoride levels, dissolved oxygen levels, total suspended solids and temperature on grab samples. Schedules and coordinates activities of sludge haulers and other contractors as required.
- Calibrates lab equipment and instruments.
- Performs Preventative, Predictive and Planned maintenance of mechanical equipment including but not limited too; cleaning, inspecting, diagnosing, replacement, setup, and testing.
- Maintains pro-active relationships with town /county wastewater treatment facilities.
- Maintains good housekeeping of the entire site, including parking, grounds, and overall appearance.
- Helps manage, track, and execute company goals with respect to buildings and facilities
- Execute facilities up-keep items in order to ensure sound standing of the following: roadways, roof, plant flooring and drains, other items as required.
- Provides recommendations for capital investments in areas of Waste Treatment, Facilities and Safety program.
- Recommends and implements a non-capital process improvement to enhance the process or work area.
• Works as a Lead Safety technician to drive safety programs across the company.
• Trains others in qualified programs as needed, including but not limited to: confined space, lockout/tagout, SWPP/SPCC.
• Identifies and executes safety improvements across the operation.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus up to two years of schooling in a specialty trade school and three years of plant treatment operator experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have knowledge of microorganisms and the effects of microorganisms on the performance of a waste treatment plant.
- Must be proficient with electric pumps, motors, and laboratory equipment.
Generous benefits package, including low premium and out-of-pocket medical/dental/vision costs, vacation, sick, 401k with matching, holiday, birthdays off, designated holidays and floating holidays.
Read more about who we are at:
www.brfoods.com or www.linkedin.com/company/baldwin-richardson-foods