WHO WE ARE
Baldwin Richardson Foods, Co. is a global manufacturer of custom food and beverage ingredients and one of the largest African-American family-owned and-operated businesses in the food industry. The Company has strong supply relationships with some of the world’s largest Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) and Food Service customers. Iconic, global food brands entrust Baldwin Richardson Foods as their partner to deliver the highest quality products that exceed industry standards. The Company also manufactures and markets Mrs. Richardson’s Ice Cream Toppings and Nance’s Mustards and Condiments. Baldwin Richardson Foods has manufacturing locations in Macedon, NY and Williamson, NY; Corporate Offices in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and Food Innovation Center Westmont, IL. This role is in our Macedon, NY facility
WHAT WE NEED
This role is to ensure food products received and released meet regulatory, customer and third-party standards. Ensure product labeling and process submissions are in line with applicable regulations per countries, and customer guidelines. Ensure compliance to federal, state, customer, internal, and third-party certifying requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide subject matter expertise for regulatory compliance and food labeling.
- Accurate and timely product label submissions.
- Review R&D’s creation and/or revision of ingredient statements, based on applicable regulations, for commercialized products.
- Review R&D’s creation and/or revision of Nutritional Fact Panel (NFP), based on applicable regulations, for commercialized products.
- Support preserved identity programs including document submissions and internal/external document processes (electronic and manual).
- Main liaison for Digital Kosher to ensure that all Kosher Certificates are uploaded and maintained in the database.
- Actively support preserved identity program audits.
- Ensure all document requirements are met to comply with preserved identity requirements.
- Maintain physical and electronic records in accordance with BRF standards and record retention policy.
- Verify that all documents are reviewed and updated within business systems.
- Ensure all documentation requirements are in compliance with customers’ and/or regulatory agencies specifications/expectations and are completed in a timely manner.
- Support contacting suppliers as needed to maintain required documentation.
- Support vendor management system for internal documentation and customer connections.
- Monitor Regulatory document status and request updated information from vendors.
- Monitor vendor management system inbox and communicate with suppliers.
- Ensures that all of the products that ship outside of the country have the appropriate documentation and meet the requirements of the country of import.
- Update and support requests for export documents to ensure compliance with applicable requirements.
- Review and assign tariff numbers to all new products that are exported.
- Act as the point of contact for all export questions and tariff inquiries.
- Request Health Certificates from the UDSA for exported products when required.
- Support customer requested food safety/quality and regulatory documentation.
- Support plants’ readiness for regulatory, preserved identity, and other audits.
- Maintain data integrity of departmental business systems.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
3-5 years of related experience (food safety, food quality or nutrition); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Can work independently on tasks or goals without supervision
- Effectively communicates information in one-on-one and small group situations
- Ability to follow and implement written or oral instructions
- Ability to problem solve with limited information
- Ability to analyze a situation and investigate root cause.
- Critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of nutrition, dietary requirements, regulatory labeling and reporting regulations.
- Ability to interpret data, understand process capability, and relate it to customer specifications
- Well-developed leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, with frequent change-overs, and quick commercialization process
- Strong, effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to assemble resources needed to orchestrate multiple projects/activities and accomplish goals
- Proficient in time management
- Insightful and creative problem solving, with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make discerning decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Unquestionable integrity and dependability
- Results-oriented with a focused sense of urgency
- Due to SQF regulations, all employees must be able to fluently read, write, and converse in the English language.
Computer Skills: Intermediate skill set with Microsoft Office is required in addition to a technical proficiency with software based business systems. Experience with SAP and Genessis is preferred.
Language Ability: Ability to read, write and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. The position is required to routinely write reports and correspondence to all levels of plant personnel. Ability to speak effectively with groups of employees throughout the organization.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus and to see in color.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works with moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the office work environment is usually quiet, and plant environment is moderate, with exposure to wet, heat and cold temperatures.
In the absence of key personnel, this position must be covered by the Regulatory Supervisor
Generous benefits package, including low premium and out-of-pocket medical/dental/vision costs, vacation, sick, 401k with matching, holiday, birthdays off, designated holidays and floating holidays.
Read more about who we are at:
www.brfoods.com or www.linkedin.com/company/baldwin-richardson-foods